Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Pog's sterling....

Yes it's overkill but I guarantee there will be no more blowouts! Next up is to reassemble the interior and then get tires and plates for it.

IMG_20210822_171317396.jpg IMG_20210822_171258998.jpg

not an overkill, similar to my set-up

Now that's the way it should be done.

I've always thought using plastic lines with crimp fittings was just inviting failure.

Proper job, well done.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Ended up tidying up a bit of wiring and a few components that I just forgot about, such as wireless entry/closing. Got the interior back in and put the canopy on and immediately hit a small problem. The driver's side has a bounce to it when the canopy is closing. You can audibly hear it in the video. While the noise is coming from the pump it's definitely that side that is the issue.

Link of the bounce.

The pump is a self bleed one and I didn't have any bounce prior to the first time I lose a hydraulic hose. I am tempted to take both cylinders to get rebuilt but curious what you all think.
    Last edited by vpogv; 07-09-2021 at 01:17 AM.

My only thoughts are perhaps there is a kink in the hose restricting the flow and causing the pulsing action?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

is there a limit snitch that is bouncing?
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    My only thoughts are perhaps there is a kink in the hose restricting the flow and causing the pulsing action?
    A good thought but it did it with the old lines as well as the new ones - which are impossible to kink.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    is there a limit snitch that is bouncing?
    Pump runs until the cylinders are maxed out of completely closed. Not sure where else the limiting switch would be.

Simple answer, a hydraulic jack hammer effect overpowering the motor.

The pipes are allowing more flow so that on the down stroke the weight of the canopy pushes the fluid overpowering the flow rate of the motor and you get the stop/start effect you see.

As simple way to test the theory is have someone either side take the weight of the canopy and try to gentle resist the weight as it goes down. You should see that the bounce goes away.

Simple fix is put an inline unidirectional flow restrictor on the down hydraulic circuit, I have one on mine for that very reason. Solved my problem

something like this https://ph.parker.com/us/en/in-line-...valve-f-series
    Last edited by islandman; 07-09-2021 at 02:50 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I had the same problem and agree with David fit a restrictor valve with a variable control and play around until it restricts the force of the oil being pushed back by the weight of the roof.

Dirk