Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast

Thread: Pog's sterling....

You wrote: My plan is......
    That is the right way to bled.
    Fill the upper section of the cylinder with hydrolic oil, then turn it 180°, now is the air on top.
    Press the rod, if the oil came without air turn it back and mount the bleeding line.
    A little press while mounting bled between line and cylinder.

Sorry, my bad english, not the upper - the down section!

Quote Originally Posted by dango View Post
    Sorry, my bad english, not the upper - the down section!
    Makes sense now! Thanks for the clarification dango.

Canopy off, both cylinders flipped, cycled a few dozen times, cracked open, topped off and the problem is still there.

So thinking through it all - things worked great upon initial install. Bounce started only after the first blowout. I am still open to the flow restrictor but as it is only on the down but what if something else happened? So I tore the fittings around the pump apart. I was careful but some how the little bearing came out and I believe this is how it was set up.

TO RAM | INTO PUMP | CROSS OVER TO OTHER SIDE
    IMG_20210912_163928208.jpg

Here shows how it's positioned:

So I am going to get a flow restrictor - which side does it go one of the pump? Trying to slow down the down movement which means I need to slow down the flow going to the top of the cylinders pushing down - corrrect?

You need to slow down the flow going back into the pump when the rams and canopy are going down, so that would logically be the pipes at the bottom of the rams, which returns fluid to the pump when lowered (with pressure being pushed in the pipes at the top of the rams to lower it).

Make sure its a "unidirectional" flow restrictor rather than bidirectional and also make sure you fit it the right way round so it restricts the flow in the correct direction.

Makes sense! Thank you islandman.

I won't lie, I had my doubt that the issue would be fixed with a flow control valve as it worked just fine before but low and behold that was the fix.

Click for video

Creaking isn't the bounce and is actually gone now. For those curious about the valve it is recommended to have one per cylinder but I started with 1 and will see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by vpogv View Post
    I won't lie, I had my doubt that the issue would be fixed with a flow control valve as it worked just fine before but low and behold that was the fix.

Click for video

Creaking isn't the bounce and is actually gone now. For those curious about the valve it is recommended to have one per cylinder but I started with 1 and will see how things go.

You doubted me...of course I was right.....LOL . I also think you definitely DO NOT want one per cylinder. You need to go through one so its balanced and doesn't go up unevenly as that could lead to a cracked screen
    Last edited by islandman; 20-09-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    You doubted me...of course I was right.....LOL . I also think you definitely DO NOT want one per cylinder. You need to go through one so its balanced and doesn't go up unevenly as that could lead to a cracked screen
    I am sorry for not believing you. Now regarding 2, it would allow you to completely balance out both sides to be able to "tune" the flow so that it can fix an issue with uneven opening.