Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 594

Thread: Pog's sterling....

  1. #581
    Senior Member Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Livingston (Scotland)
    Posts
    1,574
    Your system is missing the shroud that covers the big nut on the wiper spindle on Bretts setup. Is that the reason yours is looking as if it protrudes too far?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  2. #582
    Senior Member Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas,NV USA
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by vpogv View Post
    Don't think spacing the motor down is an option as there is no room as it sits against the dash.
    Motor is bolted directly to the mounting bracket with no adjustments. You would have to shim up the whole wiper assembly to get the pivot shaft located where you would like.
    There is no adjustments to the pivot shaft assembly either. It bolts directly to the bracket so the only way for adjustments would be to install one that has a shorter length or longer what ever the case may be.

    Now this is all based on if the wiper assembly was put together and installed right

    My wiper assembly has no spacers and is bolted flush to the canopy.

    This picture I just grabbed off the web to show that there are no adjustments to the motor or pivot shaft

    wiper-kit.jpg

  3. #583
    Well decided to pull the carb off for a quick rebuild and then re-attach the tins which meant to pull off a few things. Well one thing led to another and well crap!

    That doesn't look normal...
    IMG_20210315_175934.jpg

    Well that's not good for airflow....
    IMG_20210315_180009.jpg

    ..AND here we are.
    IMG_20210315_182614.jpg

    I considered rebuilding it but honestly I may just dig for a turnkey and move on.

  4. #584
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,486
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vpogv View Post
    [...]
    I considered rebuilding it but honestly I may just dig for a turnkey and move on.
    Interesting idea; get some bells & whistles on it ;-)

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Interesting idea; get some bells & whistles on it ;-)
    I considered it but I really just want to drive. I found a running 1600cc (with good heater boxes) a couple hours way for $800. Not a rebuild but supposedly runs and doesn't leak. Thinking this is the best direction and then using my current engine for a rebuild down the road.

  6. #586
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by vpogv View Post
    I considered it but I really just want to drive. I found a running 1600cc (with good heater boxes) a couple hours way for $800. Not a rebuild but supposedly runs and doesn't leak. Thinking this is the best direction and then using my current engine for a rebuild down the road.
    Sounds good. I know what you mean. I had concerns about my engine (which hadn't run for 29 years) but decided to get it going, smarten it up and get the Nova roadworthy sooner rather than later. (I've now learned that 'sooner rather than later' in Nova speak is pretty irrelevant!)

    Anyway, at least my engine's running and I can focus on everything else to get her on the road. Further down the line I'd like to go water cooled, but that's for another day.

    With so few Novas (Sterlings) on the road I think you've made the right decision and I look forward to seeing your posts as you get her back on the road!

  7. #587
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Sounds good. I know what you mean. I had concerns about my engine (which hadn't run for 29 years) but decided to get it going, smarten it up and get the Nova roadworthy sooner rather than later. (I've now learned that 'sooner rather than later' in Nova speak is pretty irrelevant!)

    Anyway, at least my engine's running and I can focus on everything else to get her on the road. Further down the line I'd like to go water cooled, but that's for another day.

    With so few Novas (Sterlings) on the road I think you've made the right decision and I look forward to seeing your posts as you get her back on the road!
    I hope it comes a bit quicker now than it has the last few years (or decade!). I do have a line on a 1776 turnkey but that's $1700 more and I just can't justify so stock it is until I have a "complete" car. Updates soon hopefully.

  8. #588
    Took off work Friday and made a trip to pick up this stock engine. Best part are the heater boxes are solid ... oh and it runs!

    IMG_20210319_131521.jpg

  9. #589
    Senior Member Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas,NV USA
    Posts
    459
    Looks like you found treasure.(a term I use with the grand kids when you find something good)

    Good find

  10. #590
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,486
    Blog Entries
    1
    Looks complete - nice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •