Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: Pog's sterling....

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Love the warning light display - bold graphics, unequivocal message, no flim-flam
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Looking very nice. I love the 3D printing very jealous.

Dirk

Well after a week of reflecting I decided to tear out ALL of my printing pieces and reprint in ABS. I know the PLA simply will not work and will warm quickly with any sort of heat. Sadly I 3 of my LEDs didn't make it when tearing apart but that's a small price to pay to ensure the pieces will last in the heat.

Personal printer will be here tomorrow and hopefully begin printing next week after a few tests.

I'll be interested how you get on with ABS - I've only used PLA so far but thankfully I won't have to change printer to use it! Sounds like it's less pleasant to work with though due to chemical smells....
    It's a 49 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Well I must say this is the best $250 I have spent in a long time. Print bed is small but perfect for what I need. Plus the quality prints is better than what the other printer I had access to was doing.

Everything reprinted in ABS and even got the PWM circuits swapped to the new housings tonight. Hopefully get them wired back in later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    I'll be interested how you get on with ABS - I've only used PLA so far but thankfully I won't have to change printer to use it! Sounds like it's less pleasant to work with though due to chemical smells....
    ABS had a slight smell but not really anymore than the PLA. I printed it in the house and couldn't smell it unless you were right over the printer during a print. It did take a bit of testing to find the best settings but prints beautifully once found.

Nice one, that reminds me

Dear Santa.......

bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by vpogv View Post
    Well I must say this is the best $250 I have spent in a long time. Print bed is small but perfect for what I need. Plus the quality prints is better than what the other printer I had access to was doing.
    Seems an absolute bargain to me! They look great, and must be very satisfying producing parts to your exact design.

Well done
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car