Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: Pog's sterling....

The "park" feature(if thats what your having problems with) is in the motor and is not adjustable in a dynamic park motor(to the best of my knowledge).

With the wiper arm off (or I suppose you could leave it on) turn the wiper system on then off to get the system to "park then adjust the wiper(on the knurl adapter) to the desired position

P9160001.jpg

P9160002.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vpogv View Post
    Well ALL circuits are wired up! Wiper, power mirrors and canopy switches all tested and cleaned up the wiring. I need to add connector ends for the dash wires and the gauge pod so that I can easily pull them but after that it's onto the engine.

I'll be the first to admit the wiring isn't perfect but I have 90% of the circuits mapped out on paper and most of the wiring in looms to look pretty.

Attachment 4270 Attachment 4271

Looking good; Your light blue conduit through the bulkhead is an idea I will be using :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    The "park" feature(if thats what your having problems with) is in the motor and is not adjustable in a dynamic park motor(to the best of my knowledge).

With the wiper arm off (or I suppose you could leave it on) turn the wiper system on then off to get the system to "park then adjust the wiper(on the knurl adapter) to the desired position

P9160001.jpg
    Thanks for the picture Brett. I talked to Gerald @ busparts.com who you put me in contact with years ago. He was awesome at working with me to get every missing part which should be here next week. I HIGHLY recommend them as their customer service is the best I have experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Looking good; Your light blue conduit through the bulkhead is an idea I will be using :-)
    Thanks Steve. I used that conduit to run to run all wires into the boot and also back to the engine. I did not use grommets at the ends but I did cut them and sand where wires definitely won't get worn through.

Have to take a look at the gas and oil gauges and see what I goofed when wiring those up but other than that it's on to throwing the engine back in and wiring it up. Tomorrow I'll re-bleed the brakes and put wheels back on.

IMG_20200919_205459.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vpogv View Post
    Have to take a look at the gas and oil gauges and see what I goofed when wiring those up but other than that it's on to throwing the engine back in and wiring it up. Tomorrow I'll re-bleed the brakes and put wheels back on.

IMG_20200919_205459.jpg

Those SW gauges look really good!

This really shouldn't be that hard... I spent today attempting to remedy the wiper shaft height that seems just off. The new shaft and old are the same length with the diameter being the only difference (besides age). Both sit at the same height and to me it just looks off.

IMG_20201004_194044.jpg

There's no way that many threads is how it shows for everybody else - any pictures or thoughts?

My system (slightly different from yours) uses spacers on the underside to stop the spindles from protruding too far

IMG_9849[1].jpg
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Thanks for that Phill. Spacers makes sense just don't think I had them which is why the questions.

I don't recall having to use any spacers. Thats alot of space that needed adjustment

Here are the dimensions of my old parts. as far as I know I put the same stuff in.

PA050001.jpg

PA050002.jpg

PA050003.jpg

PA050004.jpg

PA050005.jpg

I have no problem of pulling the wiper assembly and getting you the data or pictures that you need. Just say the word.

Sad that nobody on the sterling site is of any help. No reason for me to start posting there.

I'll grab some more pictures and some measurements later today. I know the new part is the same length as the original and sits at the same distance when mounted. Don't think spacing the motor down is an option as there is no room as it sits against the dash.