Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Pog's sterling....

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vpogv View Post
    The good: After 13 yrs I got to drive it!
    https://youtu.be/HWi5EBDML9g

The bad:
    Needs a sterring box, new tires and an alignment (BADLY!). The front tires rub at full lock but it should be ok.
    The new calipers leak at the bleeder valve threads on 3 of the 4 which is frustrating. May send them back if I can't flush out the issue.
    I bet that felt great! ... Loved the video and Mrs Ďvpogvís wee excited laugh!

Have you tried the adjuster in the steering box? Might also be worth adjusting your steering stop bolts or possibly fabricating new stops to prevent the tyres rubbing on full lock.

Iím not that far behind you ... Iíll post a video of my 1st drive later this summer

Fantastic. It's a great feeling the first time you get to drive your car even though it's far from finished
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Have you tried the adjuster in the steering box? Might also be worth adjusting your steering stop bolts or possibly fabricating new stops to prevent the tyres rubbing on full lock.
    Good call on adjusting the stop - that just makes sense. The box is leaking pretty good but after some digging I may just pull it, clean it up and go the grease route instead of oil. Biggest thing still are the leaking bleeder valves along with slightly spongey brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Fantastic. It's a great feeling the first time you get to drive your car even though it's far from finished
    Absolutely! Now to get it actually registered for the road so I can drive it to get tires and an alignment. Clutch grabs well just have a bit of trouble hitting reverse consistently. Little more adjusting.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Great achievement, well done man

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Nice one its the best feeling that first drive in an unfinished car, its a great motivator.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by vpogv View Post
    Clutch grabs well just have a bit of trouble hitting reverse consistently. Little more adjusting.
    Yes that's a problem I had, but once you get the position of the gear selector plate right the problem will disappear.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Great achievement, well done man
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Nice one its the best feeling that first drive in an unfinished car, its a great motivator.
    Thanks guys! I am pretty sure I could have kept driving and been happy as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Yes that's a problem I had, but once you get the position of the gear selector plate right the problem will disappear.
    I think you're right. I adjusted it once to be able to get 1-4 so I am sure just a bit more fiddling and I will be ok.

Great to see you driving it Pog! Makes me wonder if I could take mine around the block too!
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Great to see you driving it Pog! Makes me wonder if I could take mine around the block too!
    I highly recommend it if you have never even driven it. Gives a sense of a little accomplishment.

Drove Ukhozi up and down the underground car park where my 'shed' is, felt great . Even better when I get brakes working,
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl