Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding Hydraulics !!!

Re: Bleeding Hydraulics !!!

Changed my mind , i'll put it in my " Hibernation " bit in Your cars as its not really tech info .... more of an itch I cant scratch.
    Dave

Continuing with the Hydraulic issue, had a really good knuckle scraping, skin losing , bad language using day and removed the pump and rams from the car ready to get them tested in the coming week.
    Ive posted a couple of pics of the pump and lable, it may be of use to somebody.
    Will post more updates as and when.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Looks very clean E-Dave!

Mine was bought (used) from another club member and was clearly mounted in a more exposed environment!

Standard 103 Bar set-up. Reading your posts it seemed to me that your problem was more to do with the rams themselves, are you thinking of upgrading to a quiet(er) pump as well?

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quick update:-
    Heard from the place checking out my Hydraulics today, Good news is the pump is in A1 condition, (his words)..... but one of the rams was letting by quite badly ,(also his words).
    Anyway he's had it apart and fabricated new seals for everything, and had it pressured up to 100 Bar without any probs, he's satisfied with it all and im picking it up friday for re-fitting at the weekend
    So Lauren ..... once again it seems I should bow in the prescence of greatness...... the wise old sage was spot on with the diagnosis .................................... Again.
    Thanks also everyone who chipped in with tips and ideas .... much appreciated .
    Of course im assuming its all going to be tickety boo when I put it back, but im feeling quietly confident.
    Will tell you if......... sorry when its working ok and if its solved the bouncing.
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by essexdave
    the wise old sage was spot on with the diagnosis
    Hmmm, not sure about the wise bit...

Glad its looking good - put that pump back in and make some NOIZE!!!

Lauren

Hi all.
    Pumps back in and working and......................... NO BOUNCE !
    closes up tighter than a camels rear in a sandstorm so thanks again every one.

might nip down to the local post office this weekend and tax the old girl to give it a proper trial , Make some "NOIZE" and get a little use before the dash comes out again (middle of July) to be re-re-covered , thats going to hurt the wallet but it'll be worth it for my own sanity and satisfaction..... good job my missus is so understanding.
    All thats missing now is a quirky nickname for her........ the car I mean, not my missus..... she already has a few of those if you know what i mean
    Jims got Nena, Laurens got T.G.M...... any ideas?
    Thanks again
    Dave.

Well done E-Dave! Glad to hear all is well in the hydraulics department.

From the previous pictures you posted I can't believe you're taking out the dashboard to get it retrimmed - what's wrong with a bit of Amour All? You need to get that car taxed, and out on the roads while there's still a bit of summer left!

Hmm - suitable names for a red Nova... "The Red Machine"

Lauren

Hi All,
    On a similar note to this thread, I'm getting ready to fill up the old smiths pump and get system working again after a long period of time.
    My question, starting from a complete empty system and new lines etc. Should I just fill up the pump to reservoir level?
    I have also installed the Hyd bypass system which hadn't been there before.

Thanks
    Declan

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdec View Post
    Hi All,
    On a similar note to this thread, I'm getting ready to fill up the old smiths pump and get system working again after a long period of time.
    My question, starting from a complete empty system and new lines etc. Should I just fill up the pump to reservoir level?
    I have also installed the Hyd bypass system which hadn't been there before.

Thanks
    Declan
    That's what I did when I re-commissioned my smiths pump recently. Filled the reservoir until it was full, then ran the pump up and down a few times. I was surprised at how little the level dropped after filling the pipes and rams
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Cheers Phill
    I'll try that this evening.

Declan