View Poll Results: What do you think about Club Nova joining?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm all for it

15 53.57%
  • I'm all for it but I have issues

6 21.43%
  • I think it may be detrimental to Euro-Nova

5 17.86%
  • If they join, I'm outta here!

0 0%
  • I have issues and I don't want it to happen

2 7.14%
  • No way.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We need your help...

We need your help...

Right,
    This Club Nova thing has ruffled a few feathers to say the least.

As you should know, the site is more important to me than anything else, the last thing I'm going to do is risk the health of the site just so Club Nova can join in.

We (Euro-Nova admin team) and Club Nova all feel that it would help the nova community if everything was in one place, and I agree.

But, I also agree with the members so far who have said that they have paid donations here but are not members of Club Nova, so why should they be excluded from posting in the Club Nova forum.

I completely agree.

Now, I have put the whole thing on hold until we sort this mess out.

I need everyone who is concerned with the change, to either post here, or contact me.

Give us your suggestions, the last thing we want is to lose members, your all aware of how small the Nova community is anyway, and losing members isn't an option.

My honest worry about all of this is, people who are Club Nova subscribers may stop donating as they have already paid their money (to Club Nova) and they have access to the site, so why pay again. I know that may not be true, but everything has to be weighed up as an option.

Without donations, Euro-Nova is no more. Simple.
    I don't want that, Rick and Alex don't want that, and I hope that neither do any of you.

If your concerned about everything you've read over the past couple of days, please do get in touch or post here.

We can discuss your issues and move from there.

As said, I am not risking the site for something like this.

If it comes to it, then it simply won't happen, I'd rather keep Euro-Nova alive.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Re: We need your help...

Well, serious teacup weather event in the offing?

There's some old history of non-communication between Club Nova and Nova-International which resulted in a bad outcome. There is no such problem beteen Euro-Nova and Club Nova.
    Club Nova has a physical presence at the majority of kit car shows, promoting the car that is the focus of our interest. Euro-Nova is an online entity.
    Historically Club Nova has had a poor web presence, and the majority of its members use the Euro-Nova forum for information.
    Euro Nova is supported by donations. Club Nova has a membership fee.
    Hosting a small section for Club Nova ensures that a small portion of the amount of money required to run Euro-Nova annually is assured. I have no problem continuing to donate to Euro-Nova, knowing that a small amount of my Club Nova subscription will also go towards it.
    I haven't noticed anybody complaining about being locked out of the 'rules' thread, whether they donate or not, and I would hope that people would trust the administrators to ensure there was nothing to complain about in the Club Nova one.
    By working together, we can only further the interest and popularity of the 'world's most beautiful kit car'. Or we can act like silly b****rs fight amongst ourselves and keep it a secret.
    As Dan says, we're not going to damage Euro-Nova for the sake of joining forces, but there's no sensible reason why doing so shouldn't just strengthen and further both.

You decide........
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!

And I'll chip in for the US side. Obviously, I have no stakes in Club Nova, only the site. Many of the current on-line posters forget that more than a few of the US posters belong to the Sterling Club here in the US, and have no issues with contributing to the welfare of the EuroNova site to keep it running, and access to information. There's nothing political about having like forces on the same boards; it benefits everyone in the long run. The fact that Club Nova will have it's own thread section that can only be accessed by it's members has it's reasons, mostly so the club can run it's own internal agenda that non-paying members wouldn't know of anyway. I have no idea what has happened in the past between club members, other owners and other sites, and frankly, I don't care. As a general observation, we're all getting too old to be holding grudges against what has happened in past years. Let's move the site and the hobby forward with as much dignity and passion for these cars as we can!

R

I second the points made by Alex and Rick.

We need to move on from past differences and get everything up and running together, that way our member numbers will grow, and the knowledge of the Nova will get wider.
    With more people comes more expertise, knowledge and information.

So far noone has contacted me about anything, if you do have issues about the joining, then get in touch.

Phill, I was expecting you to contact me as you had quite a few points in your other post.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

I had no reason to contact you Dan as I had already covered my points when I posted my reply in the forum which is now locked

I am certainly in favour of a united front when it comes to all things Nova.

I never fully understood why the old Nova International Site was closed down, and like most others was bitterly dissapointed at the loss of such a valuable resource. However, I understand the plug was pulled because Steve got fed up with issues that were going on behind the scenes. Quite what those issues were, I only have a vague notion of.

Dan, Rick and Alex have done a tremendous job in pulling this forum together - well done lads

Yes I think the way forward is to have a united site that includes Club Nova. Perhaps Euro-Nova could promote the club and increase it's awareness, and hence its membership. I don't quite understand why members are only allowed to join at the beggining of the show season, and I would not like to think that I may have to wait until next year before I could become a fully inclusive member of this community that would encompass both the Euro-Nova forum and Club Nova.

Perhaps we should also be encouraging Steve Cook to get back into this community. He has a wealth of knowledge that he was happy to share, but felt he was being persecuted for doing so. I'm sure he would have archived all the old Club News letters, Magazine articles and so on that made the Nova International site such a great resource for anyone interested in these cars. After all, the build manuals available here on Euro-Nova all originated from Steves site. It would be good to be able to access all the other resources that dissappeared when Nova International went down.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

I agree Phill.

What we need to concentrate on at the moment is finding a way that Euro-Nova and the club can run seamlessly together, on the same site, whilst keeping the members of the site happy, and keeping donations coming in for Euro-Nova, and memberships for Club Nova.

I will speak to Club Nova, I too would like more of an explanation behind why you can only join at certain times of the year.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

Actually Phill, Steve is already a member here. I think he prefers to lurk at this point, just to see if there is any back-sniping going on. I surely hope not. To my knowledge, he never archived the site, as I asked him as much when the site closed.

Hello

As a bit of an outsider, this question of clubnova becoming part of, yet seperate throws up a thought.

Will clubnova members have full access to all sections of the forum and euronova members have acess to all except the clubnova section.

If it goes ahead as it reads, then at the minute it seems pay eurnova and have access to most of the site or pay clubnova and have access to all the site.

If so, should the time come when euronova decide to make subscriptions mandatory would it not better for the individual to pay his money to clubnova rather than euronova as you will be getting access to more, unless there is going to be areas for euronova members to get access where clubnova members can't.

Seems that it might be a bit confusing having two seperate clubs with two seperate subscriptions using one forum.

I see your point, but your forgetting, if people don't pay Euro-Nova, then it won't be here, simple.
    The site can't survive without help from its members.

Maybe we could have yet another seperate forum just for the donators of Euro-Nova, and only donators could access it?

We need to get lists of suggestions, right away so the admin team can look at them, pick the best ones and then ask the members again.

Feel free to start a list in the "Suggestions" forum.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

Well, my $0.02 would be as long as them joining doesn't result in a site meltdown like at the late Nova-International, it would be a good thing because we'd have more minds and experience contributing to the threads. I have no idea what the politics are behind the different Clubs over on your side of the Atlantic and to be honest don't really care (it's an election year over here...we have enough politics to worry about already!!). I just want the forum here to gain info, share disasters/accomplishments and bounce insane/brilliant ideas off of.
    1975 Sterling
    215 ci Buick V8
    Sterling in Garage! Back to work!