Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Telecam Time!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Re: Telecam Time!

Here's a recent, rather underexposed shot of the Green Machine dashboard at night. You can see the neighbour's houses across the street in the CRT display. The border across the bottom of the image is the top of the second louvre, illuminated by the IR LEDs. However, when I stood behind the camera and moved backwards, the LEDs were only effective up to the back of the car - beyond that, the taillights took over.

The houses across the street are illuminated (at least in part) by a nearby street light, but I think at least some of the illumination comes from the taillights as well - the CCD is very sensitive in low light conditions.
    When I get a digicam I'll be able to take professional looking pictures at night. Until then, you'll just have to use your imagination!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

As it appears to have stopped raining here for a whole weekend I decided to get some pics of my camera installation by reversing down the drive.
    What started as a 10 minute photo session took about 2 hours due to a bad earth on the dynamo regulator (see post elsewhere).
    Anyway, eventually I got it reversed onto the driveway, here are some pics:

This is the view the reverse-cam gets looking down the drive

Heres the view through the rear window.

This rather blurry shot was taken by standing behind the car and taking a pic on maximum zoom through the rear window.
    I am the pair of yellow shorts on the right of the picture, standing about 3 feet behind the car just in line with the rear wheelarch.

And here is a view from beside the car looking back.

Although a great improvement on rearward viewing I still needed to refer to the side mirrors in order to see the edges of the drive.
    The camera, being right at the rear of the car, gives no point of reference to judge distance. I will do a temp fitting of my other cam on the roof
    and see what thats like for distance judging next.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Good pictures Mick - apart from the blurry one

Your camera FOV looks a little less than my original fish-eye lens did, and clearly the aspect ratio of the TFT display helps. Its clear that the view is from quite low down, but this would only be a problem at motorway speeds where you will be unable to see cars approaching in the outside lane if there is a car travelling immediately behind you. Admittedly, my camera placement gives only limited relief from this situation, as it is only as high as most cars doorhandles!

You'll just have to get out on the road with it and see how it feels.

Just what you need for an English Summer - high visibility rainproof jacket and matching shorts

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!