Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donations to pay the fees due in early 2009

Donations to pay the fees due in early 2009

I have been thinking long and hard about when to start accepting donations this year to pay the fees in the early part of 2009.
    Last year, quite a few people told me that I had done it too late and due to Christmas they were unable to help the site.

Therefore, this year we are accepting them early.
    As of now you may donate for the 2009 fees.
    To do this via paypal, click on the donate button at the bottom of any page.
    If you wish to donate via cheque as some of you do, then do the usual and PM me if you don't have the address

Thats all for now I think.
    I would like to take this opportunity to extend my thanks and the thanks of the admin team and the other members, without the members that donate to the site's funds, we wouldn't be here, so...Thankyou!

Please note, to donate using the button at thte bottom of the page, please make sure you are signed in when you click the button as your donation will register to your account. You will know when the donation has been successful as your username should turn blue.

Once again, thank you for your continued support

Re: Donations to pay the fees due in early 2009

Just wanted to pop this back up to the top of the search

So far we have had 2 donations, going slowly this year

nigelf

I took the hint and tried to pay, but PayPal gave me a very unhelpful error message that basically said: there may have been an error, but we're not sure, so check your PayPal account over the next 24 hours to see if it worked or not.

Hmmm, very strange.
    If anyone else gets an error like that, then feel free to re-send to donate@euro-nova.co.uk after the specified time to make sure it doesn't pay twice.
    I will then manually add you to the supporters group

I've tested the system hundreds of times though and never had that error. Strange.
    If the payment goes through your forum username will turn blue, like Dave's and Jim73vw's has.

nigelf

I blame it on the French.

When did the error happen Nigel?
    Was it after you selected your country, put in the amount and pressed submit?
    It should then forward you to the paypal page and it pays through there, then updates your information in the forum database.

nigelf

I changed country to France, clicked submit and that's when I got the message.

Thanks Nigel.
    I've just tested the system and its working ok here, I can only guess a system that controlls it crashed somewhere along the line.
    It can take a while to load sometimes as it does all the currency conversions automatically, so please make sure you only click submit once.
    When you change the country all it does it change the language of the page, so if you can cope with English then it may be easier to leave the country as the UK.

Let me know if you try again and get any more errors

Mine just went straight through with no problems, so perhaps it was the country thing? BTW I see I've suddenly been demoted to a 'Euro-Nova supporter'!!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*