Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad news

Re: Sad news

Very sad news. My condolences to his family.

Damn, he seemed like a good bloke from what I've gathered through these forums.

Hi

I never met Harry but i know that he was considered a bit of a legend in Nova circles. Very sad news. My condolences.

Ant

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

I'd like to add my condolences as well. I've never experienced at first hand any of Harry's sound and lightshows, but there is no denying their legendary status in club circles. I didn't know Harry well - we met a few times at various events in the late 90's and then more recently when I finally got Green Machine on the road, but he seemed like a nice guy. I got the impression that he was often forthright in his opinions, which didn't go down well in some circles, but at the end of the day no-one would dispute his dedication and enthusiasm. He was largely responsible for taking a forgotten kit car and putting it very firmly back in the spotlight, at least here in the UK. I am deeply sorry to hear of his passing. Thanks Ben for keeping us informed - it sounds like a very fine thing that you and your compadres in the ACC did for Harry.

I'm filling up a bit now

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

A really sad loss there's not many Harry's in this world, met him twice and a really great person to talk with. Always had a word with every one, always friendly and will be greatly missed by all who knew him and of him.
    Told me this year he heard a bump in his Nova whilst driving at night so slowed down, turned out a chump had tried to jump over his nova and had hit the rear end. Harry saw him hobble off and carried on, those are the things that we will miss, a truly great loss.
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031

Met him only once, but as a result I do have a new relay circuit design on my Nova. He did a lot for the club, and losing anyone who champions the Nova cause is a loss to us all. His memory will live on in his car and the Nova club as a whole.

If anyone has any ideas of any ways we can celebrate DJ Harry's contributions to the club and Euro-Nova as a whole then throw your ideas in to the pot.
    Something needs to be done, such a legendary man can't be allowed to just pass without something for his memory.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

nigelf

Very sad to hear this news.

I only met him once, at Detling this year. He seemed a nice bloke and was a great character.

Not much we can contribute except for cash to his family on this side of the pond. Maybe you guys could organize a cruise to raise money for cancer research or something. Just don't limit the cruise to Novas, though, allow anyone to join in.

All

I had a response to the email I sent to Ian Stent of Complete Kit Car magazine, which is below, so we can expect a small piece about DJ Harry in the next issue.

Mick

Hi Mick

Thank you for letting me know. I'd been fearing the worst. A fantastic character who I've had the pleasure of knowing briefly in the last couple of years. We will certainly put something in our next issue, which is the Feb issue, coming out in January.

All the best

Ian

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!