Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad news

Re: Sad news

Well done Mick!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Once met, never forgotten and I never will, a nice guy, one of the good ones and a piller of support to the Nova club. Miss you and I'm sure you will find the light.
    Peter
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

The word "character" was made for DJH, very sad news indeed, I was only wondering the other day how he was, so this is not good news. If nothing else, his death will serve as an inspiration for me to get the Avante to Stones next year. It would be great to have a record turnout in his honour!
    Follow my Avante Build - Target = Stoneleigh 2012 Definitely!!

Maybe a particular meeting or show could, with plenty od notice, be designated the, "DJ Harry commemorative meeting"? could inspire people to attend en mass.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Sensibly that would be Stones then, wouldn't it?
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!

We had a text today from Elaine. DJ Harrys funeral on Monday 15th at 2.30 pm in Billingshurst. I will post more wen I get the church or crem address.

Ben

Ps sorry a lot of moving posts above.

The funeral will be at 2:30 pm.
    Surrey & Sussex Crematorium
    Balcombe Road
    Crawley
    RH10 3NQ

In DJ Harrys words miss it you won't weep.

Ben

Hi all,

It was nice to see Phill of yellow Avante fame Mike and Elaine of Purple passon there. But Dan Gleeballs was a no show!

DJ Harry wanted us to leave the crem with this track and so be it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=58CJih1iYC0

Ben

Couldn't be more suitable, though I bet you didn't manage a smoke machine and laser light show?

I am gutted to hear this, I had feared the worse, but somehow missed the news at the end of last year.

Harry made Sarah and I feel hugely welcome at our first kit car show, and inspired us hugely.

We first met him by chance at a steam rally when his car was in the car park. He caught me virtually underneath it and stayed chatting to us for ages. At the same time his daughter gave Sarah a tour of his car's ICE.

Most recently Harry paid home visits to us through the build of Nena, including getting the roof system bled and the remotes working. He had to put off the odd visit if his treatment had been gruelling that week, but always stayed in touch.

He was a gentleman who will be sorely missed, I know he made an impression on Ian and others at CKC and am pleased Mick has been in touch with him.

Ben - words are often not enough, but if you do speak to Harry's family please do pass on our condolences. I am so sorry I missed the funeral.

Sarah and I will miss him, he became a good friend in a short time, and will be missed,

He must be smiling on me this week though - spotted Googlemaps has been updated to show his car on my drive !
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car