Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel tank question

Re: Fuel tank question

Hi all,

I think that is why Petrol in the UK is so dear we have to pump our owne. There is not maney stations that pump it for ya
    I have had 2 Novas that I filled by lifting the louvre. I did hate it wen there was splash back wen the tank was full and petrol went over my hot VW Motor Eneine Donk.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by vpogv
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman
    I used an Aerocap under the louvre, I didn't use the lockable version (which is also available) as my louvre locks and is released from inside the cabin.
    Ever have an issue with spilling on the paint when filling?
    Not really. Currently the new rear flat panel is still Gel Coat (no paint issues yet), but I normally make sure I give the pump a good shake before withdrawing and have a tissue handy just in case (err...that didn't sound right )

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Hi all,

I think that is why Petrol in the UK is so dear we have to pump our owne. There is not maney stations that pump it for ya
    I have had 2 Novas that I filled by lifting the louvre. I did hate it wen there was splash back wen the tank was full and petrol went over my hot VW Motor Eneine Donk.

Ben
    Like many others I too put the VW tank where I was told to, under the rear window and I too nearly crapped myself the first time fuel splash hit the hot engine / exhaust, I shifted it the next weekend.

-thestevie Looking at your instalation I would fit a rubber tube from the tank under the right body to a filler on the right rear wing.
    Peter
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Just on Fuel Tanks,
    Could anyone help me with mine. Does this look like a common tank for the Nova? What type is it. I was told mini but it doesn't look anything like one. Its located under the rear window.
    The problem I have at the moment, I cleaned it up but the barb which was made of brass located right at the bottom of the tank has too much damage to put back in place, I think it's 1/4" thread , but I can't get the thread started on the tank female side. Problem is tank is now installed back in the car , last thing I want to do is remove the body again.
    If I knew what model it is I could source another, I'm positive though it's some old British standard part (hopefully!)
    Thanks

Mini van/estate has the filler out from the side and a slight angle, not in the middle.

Check the thread size (AF not MM) and see if you can run a tap up it to clean the thread.

Looks like a triumph Spitfire tank
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter; 21-05-2015 at 07:43 AM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Thanks !does indeed looks like it's a triumph.
    Yes I'll check those threads, had plenty if experience with AN fittings on the oil cooler