Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photo Competition

Re: Photo Competition

You're welcome! All part of the service!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Loved the photos, nice rear end , especially around the wheel arches, not to sure about the gto badge though.
    Phi 1.618 is more universal than pi 3.142

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

Nice pics
    Did you build the car yourself? Tell us a bit more about it ...

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by kevinf40
    Here's some if this has worked

Now that's an awesome Nova. Indeed, start your own topic and tell us more!

I echo what Cyco said, gorgeous car.
    Tell us more!
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Hi sorry for the late reply guys I've had to wait for Ryan to come up as i don't know how to use the site yet. Thanks for your comments much appreciated, makes it all feel worth while. To start i brought the car in august 1999, like all of us when we first see the nova it was WOW. Then you begin to want to improve things to your taste, i started with an attempt to create the back end to hide the original engine and fatten out the bottom half of the car. Wasn't happy with the air cooled engine or terrible fitting canopy, We decided to cover the car up on the drive and look at it later on. Seven and half years later we looked at it again after seeing Lauren's at Newark kit car show and decided to attempt to get all the body work and interior up to a certain standard and as you all know even the small things take time because its non production. we went for a water cooled upgrade in the form of a compact Subaru engine with adapter plate and lightened flywheel from KEP. The interior was a mess and we decided to opt for dark grey and black interior as its more serviceable. All work carried out was done by me and my son on the drive that you can see in the photos. In the 4 days of summer last year we grabbed the opportunity to spray the car in Ferrari Rosso Corsa red, it took 18 400ml cans (yes cans) and was also done on the drive. It took us a day to cut the paint back by hand to get the shine. The Ferrari F40 was the inspiration for the body work as you can probably tell. Its a work in progress car as you all know with a nova. We are currently ironing out faults that you only find on road tests. Next thing on our list is improve the ride and handling. We are going to try and get to a lot more shows this year as the cars driving a lot better. We will do a photograph diary of the work carried out as soon as we get chance.

thanks Kev and Ryan

I normally don't like it when someone tries to turn one of these cars into a Fezza/Lambo or other. But it looks like you took inspiration and tried to keep the cars lines. Other than that awesome rear end. I want to reshape/re-sculpt the rear on my "reek, as I also don't want the engine hanging out the back for all the world to see.

And you did all that on the driveway, including paint with rattlecans? Bloody awesome. Good work.

Kev & Ryan
    Very nice. I am impressed with the paint job. It gives me another option as mine is in need of paint job.

I look forward to seeing it around the shows.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

hi all its kev again.still trying to get the hang of this modern technology. a slight correction on the info i posted this sunday 13 . in the year 2000 the first job i had done on my nova was to get rid of the lowered floor pans. my then brother in law who is a mechanic and welder cut out the floor and and replaced it with quarter steel plate. nice n flat under neath. i designed the lowered steel structure around the bottom of the nova. i then got him to weld it for me it was expensive but necessary. the basic body work was done out there by me. in order to get back home again because it had to be driven the eleven mile journey on public roads. and as we say the rest was history in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy
    Kev & Ryan
    Very nice. I am impressed with the paint job. It gives me another option as mine is in need of paint job.

I look forward to seeing it around the shows.

Bushboy
    Not just a paint job
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl