Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: At Last - Colani GT2

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Re: At Last - Colani GT2

Quote Originally Posted by thestevie
    he pretty much said ferrari doesn't know what they are talking about.
    That may have been true once, but Ferrari are as on the ball with aerodynamics as anyone these days. Colani has always been an outspoken critic of mainstream manufacturers, but he's just being a typical artist. Colani's problem now is he is trading on aero ideas that are pretty old hat, and has to associate with major manufacturers to secure funding for research. But I like some of the stuff he has done, although a lot of his car designs are absolute howlers!

You've probably already noticed I prefer his 1970s design work as well

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by JemP
    Just imagine what would happen if Colani bumped into Steve McHugh at Stoneleigh???
    Give him a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpatico
    Quote Originally Posted by JemP
    Just imagine what would happen if Colani bumped into Steve McHugh at Stoneleigh???
    Give him a medal.
    Between them they could design and create the most amazing new Nova ever seen across the Universe!!! using the contents of Steves shed
    Follow my Avante Build - Target = Stoneleigh 2012 Definitely!!

a treat for my dad

]Hi would you send these pictures to my dad as he is not well at the moment and could do with a little pick me up.
    Many Thanks tom .Perhaps you won't agree with me, but I have long been a fan of Prof Luigi Colani's "bio-designs". Some of his vehicular concepts are among the most challenging and beautiful designs I have ever seen. Most of my favourites date back to the 70s, and finally, thanks to Car Styling.ru, here are some pictures of the Colani GT2...

I had to include the last picture, which I have in my book "Colani - the first 50 years" by Albrecht Bangert, as it also shows Colani's Spitzer silo truck concept, and the amazing Horsh supercar concept in Colani's workshops in Karlsruhe.

Colani is accredited with being the first to offer a fibreglass kit car in Europe, when he developed the Colani GT in the early 60s. I haven't included a photo here as it really ought to go in Alex's Uglies, but Colani's next effort (apart from the Porkie powered GTS, also based on a VW floorpan) was the GT2. Showing much of the "bio-design" cues that have always informed his work, the GT2 looks like some land-based Manta ray. Built on a standard VW Beetle floorpan, I do not know how many of these amazing machines were built. The white one is almost certainly the car that Colani used to tour Sri Lanka and India (the Bangert book shows a picture of this car parked in the jungle in front of a Hindu temple in 1972 - apparently Colani had ideas about selling it as a kind of Third-World sportscar...). Notice the clever use of Beetle rear lights. The green car may well be the same machine - as indeed might be the black one. The "Utah 1" script on the nose indicates that this is one of a number of experimental cars (and truck) that Colani took to Bonneville in 1989 for high speed testing.

Like I said, you might disagree but I think it looks incredible. Definately one for my fantasy garage (with a proper mid-engined layout, naturally )

Lauren[/QUOTE]

Alas, photobucket has killed sharing images outside of their server, so we see nothing but banners

Sorry, it's my fault - when Photobucket stopped all 3rd party hosting my image links were cut off. Then I closed my account and haven't even begun to repopulate my online image archive (fortunately everything I had on PB is backed-up on DVD).

Here's the linky to the Colani GT2 page on carstyling.ru - enjoy!

http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/1987.../images/13688/

Hope you are feeling better soon Malcolm

Lauren

Thanks Lauren, ironically, you've reminded me that I need to keep ONE of my servers running for personal use and image sharing when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Sorry, it's my fault - when Photobucket stopped all 3rd party hosting my image links were cut off. Then I closed my account and haven't even begun to repopulate my online image archive (fortunately everything I had on PB is backed-up on DVD).

Here's the linky to the Colani GT2 page on carstyling.ru - enjoy!

http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/1987.../images/13688/

Hope you are feeling better soon Malcolm

Lauren
    Have you tried www.vgy.me ? I found it very simple, free and staying that way.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Have you tried www.vgy.me ? I found it very simple, free and staying that way.
    Yes, like you I am 100% on vgy.me, I just haven't had time to repopulate my online archive with images yet