Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: British Eureka....On the road

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Dirk,

According to Todd at Subarugears, my 14 inch alloys can still be used with the Subabrakes. Rear track is increased by 20mm per side, if memory serves correct.

Subarugears do several adapter plates & fly wheels to fit various engines to the Subaru trans-axle. but at present they do not have one for the Mazda V6. However, they will have soon as Todd has said he will make one for me. Design is free, just the normal cost of one they do stock. He gets to add it to his catalog. I don't fancy trying to make a flywheel & adapter and have already taken advantage of the exchange rate to get the job started.

Still a few big jobs to do on the GolfKart, fit sunroof, fit canopy, fit actuators, fit side windows, remove engine, fit new pushrod tubes, fit engine cover, louver, side skirts, brake pads & that is about it.

Bushboy
    And after lunch?

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    G'day Steve,
    I'm still running the same Mazda V6 that I have been running for the last 10 years. The final drive is 3.9:1

The depth gauge may be able to be glued together but I knew there were a couple laying disued in Nova/Avante garages around the country that I may ask to borrow.

I have been looking for an alternative rear disc setup for some time. I like to be a little different to main stream (EMPI) and the Subaru setup uses a drum brake for the parking brake that sits inside the disc. Advantage as I see it is the rear caliper then only has 1 job to do & is not compromised by having to seal a push shaft of some description.

I will document the conversion, just need to find a donor rear end of a Subaru. Any one know a decent Subaru salvage yard?

Bushboy
    Like Mercedes, at least same as my A class.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl