Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: British Eureka....On the road

Re: British Eureka....On the road

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy
    Now that I am more use to driving the reek I have noticed just how easy it spins the rear wheels. You don't have to try very hard to do it in first & a quick shift from first to second has the same effect of the rears loosing traction. Must be the old tyres

Catch you all later

bushboy
    Mine can do that too, and it's just armed with a 1.8, though admittedly it is a turbo. And also mated to old wheels. And slippery ones at that. Radial T/A's anyone? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3
    Absolute worse thing is trying to drive into low sun (Autumn evening type stuff) - screen just isn't right for that!
    I fitted some new ( old model ) mini tinted visors so that when pulled down I can see through them, sun glare is cut as well.
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031

Yes Jim that's probably the only solution, (one of the first mods I did when I got the car) but results in recduced glare but even less forwards vision......
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

The funniest proposal I ever saw for a steeply raked windscreen was on the prototype Ferrari 365BB - a little roller blind was placed on the header rail, one for each occupant, and on the end of the string was a rubber suction cup. Pininfarina (Bless 'em) thought that while driving in low sun you could pull the blind down to where you wanted it and secure it to the windscreen at that point with the suction cup

Needless to say it never reached production

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut
    The funniest proposal I ever saw for a steeply raked windscreen was on the prototype Ferrari 365BB - a little roller blind was placed on the header rail, one for each occupant, and on the end of the string was a rubber suction cup. Pininfarina (Bless 'em) thought that while driving in low sun you could pull the blind down to where you wanted it and secure it to the windscreen at that point with the suction cup

Needless to say it never reached production

Lauren
    funny you say that, Lauren....I was considering doing that very thing....not the most elegant of solutions, and you wind up with little suction marks all over the screen...but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Similar to a coach sun visor then? They use a vertical blind but with the traditional pull cords.

That's right - its just the idea of pulling a blind down over the windscreen while driving at 180 mph, have the suction cup unstick (as it will inevitably do) and have the roller blind snap back in your face might not be a good idea from the safety standpoint

Tinted visors are an idea that have been used in military aircraft, but only on transports - fighter pilots use the visor on their helmet. The nearest automotive equivalent would be a decent pair of sunnies...

Lauren

Or ,Lauren, the helmet from a soviet MIG fighter, maybe

bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Yes, I agree that could work as well

they were used on the Rover P6 as i nabbed one for my 56 prefect, which is worst Alex reduced vision or no vision when the sun hits you.
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031