Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: British Eureka....On the road

Re: British Eureka....On the road

Depends.......
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

I went for my first drive since I made a few minor adjustments.
    1. I bent the throttle peddel so that now I can rest my foot against the side wall while driving.
    2. Moved the lower seat belt mounts forward.
    3. Fitted the electronic tacho calibrator.

The throttle is now much more user friendly. Also the seat belts dont keep riding up, but I have 4 holes in the floor pan to weld up now

As for the tacho, it gives much more usefull information now. At 70mph the engine is dooing 3000rpm. About the same as the same engine does in the Mazda MX6. So theroretically, if the engine will pull to redline in top gear the eureka will top 163mph. When I'm diagnosed with something terminal I'll try it out to see .

bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Time to visit an airfield or racetrack and find out? ...... 'Dear Top Gear, I have a car that you'll probably want to hate, but I might be able to change your mind....'
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Good Idea Alex, mind you Clarkson would never fit. James May wont go over 35 so it would have to be Richard Hammond....... then again he might need a booster cushion or three in Bushboys car an he'd probably crash it........ Bring on the STIG !

Oh they'd hate it alright, its not Italian or German, and it doesn't cost over £60,000. They'd probably ruin any feature on it by making it a "comedy" feature, like the one about buying sub £1000 Alfas! Hold it you 3 laddish idiots, there are plenty of people who DO buy sub £1000 Alfas and have a lot of fun!!
    Follow my Avante Build - Target = Stoneleigh 2012 Definitely!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

That's right - any attempt by the mainstream motoring press to feature kit cars will always go this way. Whether they admit it or not, TG are still in the business of selling new cars, thereby continuing to support the manufacturers. The only difference is that at least they feature some interesting exotics, instead of the usual humdrum smallcar econonsense.

This is as it should be. If I want to buy a washing machine, I buy a washing machine. I don't need a TV programme to spend an hour of my time telling me about it. Bring on the Gallardo LP640-2

Glad to see your on-going development process is starting to pay dividends Martin - its an unavoidable truth that no self-build car (and quite a few production models too) is going to be 100% right straight out-of-the-box. At least the tweaks a minor in nature, and not radical re-design (like my driveline angle or suspension upright replacement programmes, neither of which are started yet).

I suspect air resistance will curb your ultimate top speed, but I don't see why your 'Reek couldn't run to 130mph or so. Just watch out for front end lift!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

hammond would need a ton of cotton wool for when he crashes it, H&S and all that
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031

Well Hammond wont be crashing it. Took it to Ashford today for the last day of the four day 1st aid certificate course. Got the the M25 J3 into traffic miles deep & the clutch slave cylinder gave up the ghost. Too much traffic to stop start on the starter all the time, not to safe either. So pulled over & awaited free rescue. Got taken to their compound and then phoned the AA only to find my membership had expired. A few more phone calls and lots of pounds later the reek was on the back of another flat bed on it's way home. So now it back out with the spanners.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Bugger!! Hopefully it's just a straightforward fix.