Thread: Inline Fuel Cut off Switch

Inline Fuel Cut off Switch

Anyone use one of these?

Security wise I was thinking I'd tuck one in the engine bay mounted along with a battery cut off switch?
    Obviously hidden but within reach from the engine bay opening for quick switching. Just for those days when the parking area is dodgy?

I've only ever seen them put on motorbikes and lawnmowers, not cars. Would it be a problem for the fuel pump if the switch was mounted above/level with the fueltank outlet?
    Eagle SS - VW MK2 Economy - Body No.7

Re: Inline Fuel Cut off Switch

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work, so long as it was kept away from any heat sources. My thoughts were always 'if they can figure out how to open the canopy, they can have it'. That, and having a car so unique, it would be very hard for someone to nick it and try to hide...

Ah see I have doors to worry about but equally was thinking of removing the handles and have TVR style push buttons here.....

I agree it would be difficult to hide our cars but believe every little helps when it comes to vehicle theft.
    One of our family friends had an incident where his Porsche GT3 RS (rich git I know) nearly got stolen.
    They were home, which is worrying as they didnt find out until the morning, and to-order professional thieves broke in to the garage, disabled all the immobilisers and extra top of the range theft-proof measures that he'd had put in at some astronomical cost (proving they weren't just any old carjackers).

However they did not get away with the car........due to.......2 small wooden wheel chocks!

Due to the garage being on a slope, the GT3 RS's handbrake being iffy at best and huge repair costs, our friend had got into the habit of putting chocks under the wheels. Seems the thieves couldn't understand why it wasn't moving and gave up thinking it was a new type of immobiliser..... old skool wins!

Oop! I forgot you had an Eagle, Ben! How about an electric fuel pump with a keyed switch instead?

I have an isolation switch up the front for the battery, take out the key, she has no power to start the car.

If you want to do the same with the fuel line, I like Lettermans idea of an electric fuel pump with a keyed switch. Have a second ignition switch under the dash maybe to turn on the fuel pump?

As for your door handles/buttons, some of the TVR's had the buttons on the under side of the side mirrors.

Annoyingly I just replaced the normal fuel pump I just thought having a electric fuel cut off would serve the same purpose as a battery cut off....all being electrics and all, physical cut off not better?
    but yes definitely might have the battery cut off up front if I can wire it properly.

some of the TVR's had the buttons on the under side of the side mirrors
    yeps.....as far as I know I think the Griffin started it. It might be easier with the buttons under the mirrors but there was a car in the vin diesel movie XXX where he opens the doors via push buttons as my pic above....which i like the idea of.