Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2010 shows

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Re: 2010 shows

Hmm, interesting. A quick trawl of the Interweb reveals Inrekor are the manufacturer of this material, essentially a foam-filled aluminium sandwich composite. The main benefit of this form of construction seems to be its green credentials, as the materials are supposed to be 100% recyclable unlike carbon fibre or aluminium honeycomb composite. Certainly looks more impressive that the new model launch at Exeter (a set of body panels to replicate a - rather shrunken - Aston Martin DB9), but I don't like the Audi-derived rear suspension one bit. Semi-trailing arms don't do it for me, even when they are cast aluminium, and these arms have been implicated in a number of failures on TTs (including one of my colleagues, whose car had a tap on the rear quarter and found that the trailing arm had completely sheared, rendering the car undrivable).

Having said that, the Audi hardware, together with the Inrekor floorpan, replicate the VW chassis in a very retro-futuristic manner. Apparently they have crash-tested the chassis and pronounce it as good as a 5-star Euro encap rating.

Fancy doing it cheaper? Chevy Corvette C5 used balsa wood as a composite filler in the floorpan. Back in the late-60's, Piper experimented with Mallite, a balsa/aluminium composite used for missile casings...

...And of course there was Mr F Costin's plywood/fibreglass composite monocoque shells.

Wood is greener than poly foam I reckon

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown
    There certainly is,
    ANNOUNCEMENT for DETLING 2011
    European Kit & Car Builder Show will take place at The Kent County Showground, Detling,
    near Maidstone on the 21st - 22nd MAY 2011
    Thanks Dan - so Detling has been moved so far back it happens after Stoneleigh??? How weird is that?

Still, on the plus side, it gives me a few more weeks to sort the car out before next season begins in earnest...

Lauren

It would appear so.
    National Kit Car Motor Show, Stoneleigh
    01 May - 02 May 2011
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Hi everyone - unusually for me I didn't take my trusty 35mm to Exeter, preferring instead to capture some images on my latest gadget acquisition, a mini-DVR. I uploaded the edited highlights (using lots of video effects from the WMM archive, in a cool retro-ironic sort of way ), and slipped in the only appropriate score - which appears to have got me a copyright infringement warning from Youtube. They appear to be "monetarising" the video, embedding adverts for the music for you to download, so maybe it won't get muted or pulled. I think my skills are improving, but I've obviously got a long way to go, and I clearly need to find a source of non-copyright music if I want to do this sort of thing in the future!

Here's the linky...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H845Dlm3sMY

Main highlight for me of course was the opportunity to chew fat with the man himself, Richard Oakes, but also seeing a DG Phoenix trike (nearest thing you can get to a Wil-Mac in this country), bronze metalflake buggy, Starcraft camper van and blatting back to Mark P2's house (gold Minari) for a cup of Earl Grey and more car talk made for a great day out!

There was a fabulous bomber's moon heading home and I will be uploading Nova Night Drive II in due course (the low light capabilities of the DVR are much better than my sister's handycam...)

Lauren

PS - Mick - playing through the video at normal speeds the red Hawk Stratos has a windscreen marked "Velas", an OEM parts supplier in Croatia!!! You did ask!

Lauren,
    A most enjoyable watch.

Many thanks

bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Lauren,

You've gone from technological luddite with no broadband, no digital camera to a technological digitizing whiz-kid on the video editing

Love the videos and special effects, also like the "pop of the tops" video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU1I3...os=6Yh1yZGOB5s

Keep them coming

Thanks Dave - I'm glad you enjoyed my feeble efforts. I may not have the latest gadgets, despise mobile phones and like to turn up at car shows in a 30-year-old car made out of bits from the 1970's, but that doesn't make me a technophobe!

I've wanted to do a "Pop of the Tops" thing for some time. I tried to keep it all looking like a proper 1970's TOTP countdown. I really should do a re-edit to include the Voodoo (now I have a picture of it with the canopy open) and the Dodge Charger III, but if I did all the canopy cars I would be into a top 20 (possibly 30) countdown!

Lauren

Love the video Lauren - looks like I missed a good show.

The brown metalflake buggy works for me, but I still think the newer Doon style has gone a bit too angular.

PS - Richard spells his surname with an "e" (Oakes)
    All I can say to that is:

Oak, Oak, Oak

We do need to start the bring back Oak campaign for 2011 !
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Quote Originally Posted by jim73vw
    looks like I missed a good show.

The brown metalflake buggy works for me, but I still think the newer Doon style has gone a bit too angular.
    Hi Jim - it would have been a fair old trek for you in the Bugle, and it was mighty chilly! I was quite happy to have a closed coupe with heating, ta very much!

The metalflake buggy was probably my favourite too, but mainly due to the colour - I still like the more hunkered-down stance of the Doon. As for angles - could be worse...

Stimson Mini-Bug
    Nimrod
    March Hare...!!!

Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by islandman
    a technological digitizing whiz-kid on the video editing
    I agree that's the most entertaining kit-car 'walk-around' I've ever seen. Top video compilation and edit

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!