Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 shows

Re: 2010 shows

Here you go, Mick: I'd posted it before, but the Wadebridge Wheels date is:

July 18th Wadebridge Wheels Wadebridge, Cornwall
    nice friendly show with camping - details page: http://www.rotaryclubwadebridge.org/sje2.cfm?sje=1
    Camping available Friday, Saturday and Sunday at £6 a night.

Exeter you already know about, but to remind everybody else, it's been moved a few weeks earlier to (hopefully) miss the lousy weather that's spoilt it the last few years:
    OCTOBER 23rd & 24th - Exeter (Saturday / Sunday)
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3

nice freindly show with camping - details page: http://www.rotaryclubwadebridge.org/sje2.cfm?sje=1
    Alex (and anyone else who may fancy a significant drive Westwards)

I have filled in an application form for Wadebridge Wheels, with camping on Saturday night, so I will see you there.

I ticked the box for 'Kitcar' and my resulting show registration number was KC2 (I'm assuming you are probably KC1 then ).

I also filled in the 'Club' box as Club Nova which allows us to put up a Gazebo (at a price) so if I can convince my support driver to come too I may be able to bring some of the Club kit (flags, banners etc) and set up some food.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Really wanted to go to Wadebridge Wheels but we both have to work

Elaine

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Hi Mick - its not clear from the website if you have to pre-book, or can just "turn up on the day". Typically I prefer to do the latter so I can make a go/nogo decision based on weather etc.

Also, this year I may not have a clear run at all the shows (if the opportunity to get into Neville's workshop presents itself I will need to take it), so I am reluctant to commit to anything too far in advance!

Anyone know the score (Alex)?

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

You can just turn up - I've done that once and booked once (haven't got round to it yet so KC1 isn't me!) you probably won't get a plaque if you haven't booked - but they won't turn away an interesting car, and the Nova definitely qualifies as that!
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3

nice freindly show with camping - details page: http://www.rotaryclubwadebridge.org/sje2.cfm?sje=1
    Alex (and anyone else who may fancy a significant drive Westwards)

I have filled in an application form for Wadebridge Wheels, with camping on Saturday night, so I will see you there.

I ticked the box for 'Kitcar' and my resulting show registration number was KC2 (I'm assuming you are probably KC1 then ).

I also filled in the 'Club' box as Club Nova which allows us to put up a Gazebo (at a price) so if I can convince my support driver to come too I may be able to bring some of the Club kit (flags, banners etc) and set up some food.

Mick
    Just thought I would bump this event back to the top as we are now in July

Now that I have 'Wendy-House-on-wheels' I may convince support driver to come as well. Can't say that we will be able to organise anything like a 'normal' Club Nova setup, but we may have a small Gazebo and caravan to shelter from the rain in!!

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Any more details on this event, Mick/Alex? I see the online registration is now closed, so if I do go I will have to take my chances?

Who else is going, besides you two? I am keeping my fingers crossed that Richard Oakes is there again this year, I need to ask more questions...

Yipes! I just looked at the map... 212 miles/4 hours 20 mins Its amazing how wide this country is near the bottom...

On the plus side, its not quite the longest journey I have ever made in a single day, but its not far off!

Lauren

"Entries on the day can be accepted, provided there is sufficient space"

"Exhibitors must be in place by 10:15pm and not leave until 4:00pm..."

Man, this is going to be a long day - and no guarantee of an entry either. Please tell me it will be worth it?

Lauren

Hi Lauren, it's all very informal really, I turned up with out pre-booking the first time and they were so knocked out by the car that they fell-over themselves to encourage me in...... so I think they'd be the same with you - possibly more-so! The site is the Royal Cornwall Showground, and is HUGE, so they're unlikely to run out of space really. They don't enforce the entry/exit times, and like Stones, people buzz off when they feel like it. Richard will almost certainly be there, it's just about the most local show where he can display his Blackjacks. Can't say whether it will be worth it, there are undoubtably better shows, there are definitely worse shows, and you do a LOT more shows than me, but if you feel like the trip, it will be great to see you and the Green Machine again. Liz may be stuck doing breakfasts first thing so may turn up in a Mog so I can set off early - we haven't booked that with the organisers either........

Thanks Alex - that's reassuring. I'll see how the weather evolves over the next few days and run some quick errands on Saturday to check my new halfshaft bearing carrier (fitted during a nail-biting 2-day marathon last weekend) is holding up OK. As long as its not heaving it down I will probably give it a go - the route down to Cornwall is a lot more entertaining than a boring motorway slog!

Lauren