Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purple passion V DVLA

Purple passion V DVLA

Hi Everyone,

Big stress here, the DVLA have suspended the Nova's paperwork and it's officially off the road pending further investigation

Mike has been trying to sort this out since August last year and so far it has not gone well. After alot of faffing about with DVLA Swansea, he took the Purple Pash to be inspected at our local office in Wimbledon on Thursday. The inspector wasn't happy about the chassis number, so it's in limbo at the moment.

I'm sure Mike will think of something.

Elaine

Re: Purple passion V DVLA

Are they actually happy about anything in life.

This may have repercussions for all of us along the line, as I would have to hack the body to get at mine and who know's what suprise lies in store.
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031

Oh dear,

What exactly are they unhappy about. It is either the right one or it isn't. Surely they cant dislike too much about them.

Or is it obscured and worn.

Any how I hope that it all goes well & it gets it's plate back.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Hiya Mike and Elaine

Gizmo has not been inspected yet by our local office 50 miles a way she wil be there in spring.

Purple Pash has been on the road for 4 years so you are under the 16 point rule rebodied car.

If it is a vin number problem as most Nova owners place new plate under the bonet. It should be stampted near the frame fork just in front of the gear lincage the other end of the car.

I did buy a wrong Nova I still have it with on vin number in it that will never see the road.

I know your Nova ground up best give me a phone call to save time this has taken me 3 hours to type this.

Ben

As Bushboy says, whats there to be unhappy about a VIN number? Could he not find it? Is it covered over? Or does he need educating as to his own employers rules?
    Follow my Avante Build - Target = Stoneleigh 2012 Definitely!!

Keep us posted on this Elaine.

Nena goes for her MOT early March and I hope this isn't going ot prompt a similar request for inspection.

Hi All

I've got to be abit careful about what I post as the DVLA inspector has been using Euro-Nova as part of his research.

2nd inspection yesterday & the DVLA are still unhappy. The chassis number is damaged although it is still legible. The engraved plate under the bonnet is not acceptable as evidence even though it shows the right number. The inspector will only accept the correct number, in the right place (ahead of inspection cover) in the appropriate font, with exact spacing & stars at either end of the number. They know exactly what it should look like

So the onus is upon Mike to prove the Novas age etc. This is not as straight forward as it first appears as VOSA records only go back to 1987 & DVLA records only go back to 1985. Prior to that it came under the Ministry of transport and all their records before 1977 are archived at the National records office, Kew. Mike is going to start with VW in germany & see what happens with identifying the chassis.

Computers are a wonderful thing, unless you want to find out about something originally from the 70s

If all else fails it will probably end up on a Q plate

Elaine

Whilst being careful what one says, one would think that they had something better to do with their time and the public's money, exactly what harm does it do anyone if your 40 year old floorpan has a slightly damaged number stamped on it? And if it's in the right place, legible and correct why is there a problem anyway? Or is this all a ploy to extract car tax by converting the car from exempt status to a 'Q' plate?
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

My personal opinion is that this is a revenue raising exercise.

I think you have reasonable grounds to go above the DVLA Inspector, who appears to be being extremely picky over something which really shouldnt be of concern.
    As alex says, its a wholly conceivable that a 40 year old floorpan may have some damage in areas such as where VW decided to stamp their chassis. You have in no way tried to evade or avoid proper taxation or classification of the vehicle, and albeit damaged, the number is there where it should be!

Try going through the complaints process http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/contactus/if ... wrong.aspx

Personally I would go straight ot step 4 now, a letter to the Chief Exexcutive Noel Shanahan explaining the full situation.

I hope DVLA inspector does use this site for reference, although quite frankly, I don't think he should really need to. If he knew what he was doing, he'd understand his own employers regulations, and even if he didn't, he should read his own employers directives!
    Follow my Avante Build - Target = Stoneleigh 2012 Definitely!!