Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purple passion V DVLA

Re: Purple passion V DVLA

Hiya Mike and Elaine

Are you having problems dating your vin number I have a link for ya.

http://www.hallvw.clara.net/dating.htm
    There is a adress where you can get a printed "Birth Certificate" for your car for a modest price (around 20 Euros) so say.

Ben

Its a bit of a catch 22 situation though. The VIN will confirm the age, but the DVLA don't seem to believe that it is the right VIN because it is damaged.
    Follow my Avante Build - Target = Stoneleigh 2012 Definitely!!

Hi All
    After a chat with Mike at the car show I was worried what was on the DVLA paperwork for mine
    The V11 (which is all I have at present) and it is referedto as a VOLKSWAGEN NOVA KIT & it's a HISTORIC VEHICLE.
    The Insurance referres to it as a NOVA SPORTS so I hope it will be OK I am going to try for an MOT as soon as I get back from the next Job

RABS

Hi all.

Rabs how are things going. Have you managed to sort things out with the DVLA yet?

Is it just proof of the floor pan date they need from the chassis number or are they just unhappy that the Vin is damaged?

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Had the same problem back in 1995 when Ukhozi was inspected but at the MoT and the examiner pointed it out but passed it all OK, "Blimey, it's all new", so before I went to Bramwood DVLA office in Gloucester I cleaned the area down to the metal, ran a Dremal 1mm ball tip into the VIN thereby just cleaning up the numbers and letters keeping the exact configuration etc and then painted it over with spray black. You are not legally allowed to "enhance" a VIN stamping but I have seen some new-ish cars with right dodgy stampings, I did the same on my Rover 216 as it's stamped under the rear window in the boot opening and gets all rusty, idiots!
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl