Thread: Guess what I got?

Guess what I got?

Re: Guess what I got?

A grit blaster? or some very efficient aluminium paint.......
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Aldi were selling air operated grit blasters the other week, suitable for small projects.
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031

Blast cabinet, cleans stuff up ridiculously fast, that took 10 mins, Im gonna do everything like that, well everything that fits in.

They are fun & will wreck your chromed or shiney surfaces, so ensure that you cover them entirly with a lot of masking tape & avoid them like the plague.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy
    They are fun & will wreck your chromed or shiney surfaces, so ensure that you cover them entirly with a lot of masking tape & avoid them like the plague.

Bushboy
    Also, don't be tempted to grit blast alloy surfaces that run bearings (or pots and pans you eat from) as the small particles of grit get embedded into the surface.

Mick
    Club Nova Member

MicksRedNova2 may take longer than the original!!

Im only blasting corroded stuff, nothing that has bearings or slides, and nothing soft like alloy or aluminium.
    Really good investment I think, I was gonna buy new shocks for £50+, now I dont think I need them because these look good enough now.
    Im also doing the steering box, just gotta be careful around the bearings on the shafts.

They look great - but do they work? The ones on mine were all painted up nicely and had about as much bounce as an unbouncy thing....... great piece of kit though, and the best way of not wasting grit everywhere!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*