Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobberuk is finally on Euro - Nova

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Rob,

I've had some time this evening to have a look through the photobucket link in your post this afternoon .... I'm really impressed!

To get to the point of 'body on' after stripping the chassis to the tunnel and then remove the body to drop the floorpans must have been soul destroying. Amongst other things you've done a ton of work on the chassis, bodywork under the bonnet, the interior storage and the dashboard, the sunroof, etc, etc. The paintwork looks great ... did you do it yourself?

I see you've got coilovers front and back. Did you swap the front torsion leaves for 'through bars' or did you remove some leaves to reduce stiffness? How does your set up feel on the road?

Nice work on your Monza exhaust too ... so much better than the original!

Out of interest, what tyres are you running on the rear? I've bought a pair of 255/60 R15's which I think will only just fit, but I'm a wee while off putting the body back on.

I hope others take the time to have a look at your photos. Congrats once again on getting your Nova street legal!

Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 29-09-2019 at 07:28 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Well done on getting your car on the road, nice set of pics there, looks like a very thorough build.
    The body had been seriously hacked :-( quite a bit of remedial work involved.
    I like the side pockets, electric mirrors, steering, neat electrics, etc. I like the colour also - good work.
    Agree with Alistair that the exhaust (height) is important for the rear end look, nice touch.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Well done getting her on the road. Some nice photos how does the sunroof hold up in the rain?

Dirk

Hi

Glad you like the photos - I have a load more but I wanted to strip them back to give most of the story. I actually had to do the floor again after deciding to swap the seats for MX5 ones. They were 20mm wider so I did this with the body in situ. I made the front and rear mounts specifically fot the new seats. The pictures are not brilliant as the seam sealer reacted with the paint.

https://i424.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC_0811.jpg

https://i424.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC_0819.jpg

Paint work [and everything else] was done by myself, it's Signal Yellow like the Ford Mexicos. I wanted something to suit the era. Self taught paint, welding and fibreglassing. I can call myself a competent amatuer at most things now, as everything on the Nova was either made or modified by me.

The coil-overs are no more. Just didn't like the feel of them so back to standard gas shocks by KYB.

Rear wheels are a 9inch wide 15 inch rim with Cooper Cobra Radial G/T 295/50s on them. They are probably the widest I could go I think. They are pretty much inline with the arch, although I am thinking I might drop the rear on the splines by about 1.5 inches so the space around the tyre is more even around the arch [winter job]

The Sunroof works well, there's a rubber seal on the frame so the rubber lining sits against that when closed. I would ideally have liked a sliding webasto style one, but I went for functional to start with. I may see if Paris beetles could make a custom one for me.

Hoping that there may be some dryish days I can get some miles done, then I need to tweek the carb and other things so it should run without any worries.

Rob

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Rob,

You sound like a man after my own heart. With the encouragement of the Forum I taught myself to weld, and I'm doing all the mechanical work myself. The body on my Nova's still in great shape so I'll probably not teach myself to spray a car body but it's something I'd love to have a go at. Looking forward to meeting up one day at a show!

Cheers, Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hi Bobber Rob, welcome back! Coincidentally I have been off the road for 7 years as well Nice to see that lovely yellow Elam Mk1 back in circulation.
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Fantastic work - well done
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Thanks guys.

you never know, I might even make it to some shows next year.

Congratulations on finally getting your hard work on the road. Great feeling isn't it. Your pictures of your journey from basket to show piece will inspire may sstill ontheir journey.

I now have to cross yellow off my list, along with Orange, as possible colours for the Eureka, when I actually get that far!!!

Hope to see you on the road and at Stones 2020.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Well done on getting your car on the road, it looks stunning in that colour choice.
    I also run 295's on the back of mine for info.
    So, see you and the car at Stones next year !!