Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobberuk is finally on Euro - Nova

Bobberuk is finally on Euro - Nova

Hi,

Just thought as I had eventually got round to having a bit of time to sit down and do some computer stuff, I would say hi to all you guys on here.

I sent Mick a message via YouTube a few weeks back as I saw his video of his Red Nova going up Burrington Combe. I only live a few miles from there in Locking (somewhere between Cheddar and Weston -Super - Mare) He suggested I join this community as I have had my own Nova project for the last 4 years (but only worked on for the last 3) It's not far from being road worthy but as I'm sure you all know will probably never be fully finished.

Heres my video taken in Summer 09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uz0VxT0D1Y

I'll try and post some picture of my build once I've worked out how to do it.

Cheers

Rob

Re: Bobberuk is finally on Euro - Nova

Welcome to the board and I for one look foward to seeing photos of your car, As for posting photos on here, it's called photobucket.com, free and easy.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Welcome!! Watched your video the other week, looks good.

I agree with Peter. Create a Photobucket account and upload your photos. It has the capability for you to create folders so so you can better manage your photo collection if you desire. Uploading is pretty straight forward. When it comes to posting photos into forums, simply put your cursor over the photo in question and a 'pop down' menu will appear under the photo. You want to copy the last one (IMG code) and then just paste it in your posts here on the forum.

Yey! Photos!

I have only ever built one car before and that was a beach buggy with a mate in a garage of a friend who is a self employed engineer and creator. (if we didn't have the tool to do a job he built it for us first) This was back in 2000 and it's still alive today owned by a guy who is involved with the Thames Valley VW Club.

Here it is on Weston Beach.

I think the Nova build has been a bit more tricky as I have less space and time to do it but the pictures explain themselves quite clearly. It's been a long 4 years (well 3 actually doing stuff to the car. It sat inthe car port for 12months as I had a garden to build) I'm sure you have seen most of it all before but you may find some of them interesting. There's been a lot of previous repair work that I have then had to re-repair and putting other peoples bodge jobs right again is more than just time consuming I hope I have done enough to do justice to the Nova even though some bits aren't strickly back to standard.

Good job on your build!! Looks like a lot of time and effort went into it and welcome to the site!

Rob

Welcome to the site! Now that's a different way of doing a dash panel. I like the push buttons... now, inquiring minds want to know about the rack and pinion that was used and how the ball joints mated with the Beetle spindles - you can post that in the chassis section!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Definitly! and , by the way

Green Machine started life with a black gelcoat - and yellow would have been my second colour choice. The R&P conversion looks very good, is it the Metro conversion that David Isles developed way back when???

Maximum points for keeping the novel dashboard and making it work - it just looks sooooo of its time, the work of a true VW enthusiast. Well done. I look forward to seeing your build progress onto the road!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Wow, certainly an excellent looking build. That dash looks great, especially the push buttons.

Welcome

Unfortunately I am at work and cannot see the photographs right now (internet filter), however I looked at both your videos previously and thought the car looked great; it has a "stance" about it which very much looks "right".

The dashboard sounds very interesting - will take a look as soon as I get in tonight.

Best regards

Steve

yes definately interested in the steering setup, please tell us more.

Also an interesting wiper treatment by the look of the underneath also.

Well done, looks great