Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobberuk is finally on Euro - Nova

Re: Bobberuk is finally on Euro - Nova

the short shit
    Is that opposed to a big dump? I don't do either in the car.

I finally managed to get round to visiting Rob who lives not far from me in Somerset. Sadly they got caught out by the floods last week and are still in the process of drying the house; here are a couple of pics of their road and house:

Must be something to do with Nova ownership as it reminds me of the unwanted moat round my house in Hampshire a couple of years back.

So as I drove my Nova into their drive I was greeted by piles of soggy carpet and other household items piled up waiting for the loss adjuster. Bad luck guys, hope it drys out soon and you get back to 'normality'.

And this is just the latest in a list of tasks that Rob has been engaged in since moving to his current house a couple of years back. Which means the Nova has not moved on far from the pics posted earlier.

However, I did snap some more pics of it to show it's still a 'work in progress' waiting for a lul in the other activities.

Rob checks the thickness of wood dust on the windows.

And the cat prints show how useful a Nova screen can be as an easy access onto the fabric sunroof and up into the car-port rafters. The yellow finish is Rob's own spraying with waterbased paint - looks good.

Engine hatch has some well engineered hinges fitted.

The inside is an impromptu storage area - but looks good.

The dash design and material looks terrific.

A significant amount of fabrication and modification of the roof interior was undertaken by Rob to fit these synchronised double sweep wipers.

The dolly's had been underwater a week ago but were a great aid to moving the car out to get some pictures.

The work that Rob has done is to the highest standard and I look forward to seeing it on the road - maybe next season

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Very impressive - the Nova looks drier than the house, sorry to hear about the flooding.

Interesting take on the Mk1 pod dash - and the custom deep dish steering wheel is just awesome!

Are the wipers arranged in a "clap hands" format? I see the spindles at each corner of the windscreen. Very impressive - and not too bad for visibility either, if the passenger wiper folds over the top of the drivers side.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures when priorities allow.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Close to my original yellow Nova number plate too - TUB ***W (can't be bothered to check what the three numbers were! looks like a fun project (are those wiper spindles or water-jet outlets?)
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Wiper spindles from Vauxhall Zafira cross over wipers.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Cool

Best use of a Vaxhall Zafira I can think of
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut
    Cool

Best use of a Vaxhall Zafira I can think of

Banger racing, cliff diving, fire & rescue training (scrificial vehicle )

bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Long Time Gone But Not Forgotten

Well ........ ages since I have been on here and posted [7years lol. . . ]. Apologies all round for not keeping everything upto date. The Nova build had to be put on hold for a while after we flooded and the sometimes life gets in the way of doing things

However I have had renewed enthusiasm over the last 12 months and have been working fairly solidly on getting the Nova back on track. I have met a couple of owners, completly by coincidence, at a car show is Shepton Mallet, which helped me have a revival of inspiration to get this done. So, with great excitement I have news, in that yesterday the Nova finally got taken for an MOT . . . . and passed. Wooo-Hooo!!! I still have a few cosmetic thing to complete, and have a couple of projects for the winter months. But here's a few [200ish] photos of the whole build so far, including the original photos I posted here years ago.

http://s424.photobucket.com/user/bar...%20Restoration

Last edited by bobberuk; 29-09-2019 at 02:53 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Excellent news!! Congrats on the MOT!

I've only had a brief scan through your photos but it looks like a comprehensive rebuild and a very smart yellow Nova ... well done!!

If you'd like your details added to the Members Database just send me a PM with all the details. Have a look at the database to see what sort of info's included.

Alistair