Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donations for 2011 fees NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN

Donations for 2011 fees NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN

Dear all members,
    Yes, that time will soon be here again, the official date for donations to start is the 4th of October (although any donations from now will be taken as 2011 ones), but I am posting this so everyone knows that its almost time.

Anyone who had a calendar last year will also know its just around the corner as its printed on there

I'm sure you all remember the problems we faced last year, with different views from both sides which ultimately ended up with me leaving the site for a few weeks to get away from the stress of it all.

When everything happened last year, I posted a long message about the donations and what would be happening this year, I have quoted a relevant bit of it below for you to read.

"I have found a better solution to next years donation problems, meaning we will be fine with regular donations so pleading and cajoling won't be needed again.

I will not be disclosing facts and figures, only to say we are currently hosted on an expensive server that guarantees uptime to 99.9% and has triple failover protection.

I have managed to source the same quality of hosting at a radically reduced cost, providing I do some work for the hosting provider free of charge, I have of course accepted.

I hope that is an end to the problems, as said before I have always done nothing but my best for the site.
    That still stands.

We have found a better solution and we don't need as much money anymore, meaning if everyone donates a little bit we won't have to keep pleading with you to help us with the site.

Euro-Nova is run on a completely non profit basis, myself and the admin team are complete volunteers. We do this out of the goodness of our hearts so that everyone with these rare cars have somewhere friendly and knowledgable to go to get their questions answered.

Inevitably we have one time posting members who register, post their question, get their answer and never come back, we even have some who register and never visit, but every site is the same.

All we ask, is if you have joined and been helped, please help us back a little if you can afford to.

The amount you donate is confidential between yourselves and the staff team and noone else needs to know, unless you want them to.

As always, if you donate using the big DONATE button at the bottom of every page of the forum, you will automatically be added to the supporters group and your username will be turned a different colour. I'll leave the new colour a surprise for the first donator to find out.

You will also receive a gracious letter from the admin team, thanking you for your donation along with a little gift, again you will see when it arrives.

I will also add, donators will get extra board priviledges which are:
    •Increased PM storage (150 messages)
    •Ability to send PM's to groups
    •Ability to PM multiple users at the same time
    •Ability to attach files in PMs
    •Ability to edit your own PM's that are stored in your outbox before they have been read by the recipient
    •Ability to forward PM's.

I'll leave it there guys, I think I've said enough.

This post will be bumped up the the top of the search listings again in the beginning of October.

Re: Donations for 2011 fees (EVERYONE READ, IMPORTANT)

I know the problems of running some thing for free, mine will be with you before the end of the month.

Jim
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031

Hi Dan,

Thats me sorted for 2011, hopefully you should have got my donation through paypal :-) Are you going to be making stickers of the new Euro-Nova logo once it's finalised? I would definately have one for the Avante :-P How do I join Club Nova/Avante by the way???

Cheers,

Dave
    ONE LIFE. LIVE IT.

Got the payment Dave, cheers.

I will be sorting something out in the way of stickers yeah, just depends on when its ready.

To Join Club Nova, PM micksrednova or superbbird and they will help you.

Alex and myself now have a donate button in our signatures here on the forum.

For any member who would also like to display a button in their signature, simply Click Here and add the following in to your signature box.

[paypal*][/paypal*] but without the *'s.

Thank you for supporting Euro-Nova.

Hi Dan, just paid my dues...... keep up the good work!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Thanks Alex.

Since a couple of you have sent donations already, let's officially open the donations up now rather than in October.

Anyone who still wishes to donate but do so in October is more than welcome to do so.

Just to add, cheque donations are per the same procedure as every other year.

Payable to Euro-Nova and sent to the regular address.

If you need the address, please PM me as I would rather not post it online for the world to see

Thanks

Just to update this, the official open date is this coming Monday

Woo Hoo! I'm a donor again!
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416