Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hydraulic clutch - experienced opinions needed

Re: hydraulic clutch - experienced opinions needed

Agggghhhh! (as they say) Commiserations Dan - it's normally Fords that do things like that!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

With al this talk of transmissions the reek decided yesterday to park me on the side of the road. After dropping my daughter to tap classes I decided to fill it up with fuel ready for work today (Sunday). Slowed for a mini round about, came out of third & while pulling it into 2nd the gear linkage decided to part company with the gearbox.

On the side of the road, removing duct tape (temperary cover for the linkage access hole), trying to find the missing bolt. Eventualy I just pushed the selection shaft into first gear & drove it home..........slowly.

Decided it was time now to fit the new linkage I have had in the cupboard for too many years & found that the bolt has a hole already in it for a tie wire. I wont be loosing that again.

There you go Dan, I've distracted your consious mind enough from your current dillema to allow your subconsious to find a solution.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Glad you fixed it Martin, its nice to hear of other people having the same kinds of problems as me
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Sorry to hear it all went bad Dan - its always a risk, when you've invested all of your time and effort, that you will feel it has not been worth it. I know only too well what that feels like

So was there a hole in the clutch slave hose then? That is a bummer - I guess you had to have the gearbox back in place before you could check the function.

Like Martin says, take some time out before you think about it again. You will be able to look at things more objectively in the morning (or evening, if I understand your working pattern correctly).

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

My work pattern is all over the place to be honest.

I sorted it out today, I put a screw in the hole and glued it in place, problem solved. as good as new and saved the cost of a new hose.

Car is now running again and better than it ever has been.

All in all it took about 20 minutes this morning to get it sorted, I had to walk away from it last night after spending so long on it, another problem was too much to handle.

Fresh head, fresh approach
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

That's the way to do it!

Glad it worked out in the end
    only Pythagoras can save me now!