Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welding Helmet

Re: Welding Helmet

The one I got from Newark was about £35 4 or 5 years back, still works - I was going to say the whole point of these masks is not to have to do the 'nodding donkey' bit, but Rabs beat me to it! the difference between the £25 and the £120 one is approximately £95 ........ the only mask I've had fail was one of the £120+ ones (Speedglass) which did have the nicest styling but got the least testing as it fritzed irreparably.....
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Re: Welding Helmet

I guess I'm just a bit paranoid about electronics, a by-product of working in the industry I guess (I'm the only house in the street without a satellite dish, lol). I just can't help thinking that a standard twisted-nematic LCD is not going to provide the same UV suppression as purpose-designed Grade 11 shade. I don't believe the crystals themselves can be engineered to be more or less absorbent - they have specific electrical properties that fall within specific boundaries, like the mass, which will affect the reaction time, and so on.

Once you've slapped a load of smooth black Hammerite over everything, its surprising how good untidy welds can look. Ask me how I know

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!