Thread: DVLA Vehicle details form V888

DVLA Vehicle details form V888

Hi All,

Thought I'd pass on this as it may be of interest. I have for last year been looking for my old Nova. I read on a thread on here about DVLA possibly giving out vehicle details if requested for a good reason ?. After speaking to DVLA I was asked to complete a V888 form and send cheque for £2.50. Well today I got my reply. The reason I gave, wanting to contact current owner to ask if vehicle could be purchased, is not a reason which fits their data protection criteria.

Oh well will keep looking.

Hope this may help someone.

Mike.

Re: DVLA Vehicle details form V888

Try, wanting to contact the owner as a crime might have been committed involving the vehicle. Or say you are from a PPC and need the details to send a parking invoice to the registered keeper.
    Follow my Avante Build - Target = Stoneleigh 2012 Definitely!!

JemP.

Thought about trying that idea first but HPI and Vehicle Enquiry says the car's off road not taxed. Didn't want to wind DVLA up too much !! Will keep looking for a car.

Mike.

JemP.

Thought about trying that idea first but HPI and Vehicle Enquiry says the car's off road not taxed. Didn't want to wind DVLA up too much !! Will keep looking for a car.

Mike.

Good thinking Mike!
    This is a long shot but there are 5 Novas listed in total on Driverarchive

http://www.drivearchive.co.uk/searchres ... here=exact
    Follow my Avante Build - Target = Stoneleigh 2012 Definitely!!

One of those is mine !

... and the details are years out of date.

Still, you never know... mine is SORNd and untaxed at the moment - various works. Perhaps mine is it for all I know.... P.M. me if you want to know the registration and I shall happily oblige.

EDIT: Actually scratch that, I just looked up your original post on your Nova search and the car is not mine.

Good luck with it.

Best regards

Steve