Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mostin's Nova

Mostin's Nova

Hi all.

Here are some quick pic's of my nova. It looks a little sad.
    Last edited by Mostin; 22-01-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Re: Pic's of my Nova

Oh I don't know - I've seen a lot worse!

And at least you've got a decent size garage to work in
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

nothing a couple of weekends wont fix...........well that's probably what the guy who sold it said

The reality is that most Nova owners have them as they enjoy the "project" The designing, the refining and the fitting of parts. My wife is convinced I don't want to finish mine as I nearly always do a job then at a later date go back and change it.

Welcome to a life long passion and therapy

It looks kinda like a dog arching up to take a dump...except your Nova just pooped out what looks like a 4-banger! LOL
    1975 Sterling
    215 ci Buick V8
    Sterling in Garage! Back to work!

Yep she needs a bit (from where i'm standing alot ) of TLC. But to be fair to the old girl she's been neglected for a while.

As for the garage, yep its a fair size & I can even get around it now after i've thrown out a skip load of crap that in my mind "would come in handy one day".

Funny you should bring up a dog nbb350, if you look at the left hand side of my dash you will see thats where my old GSD took a chunk out it

Something tells me i'm going to be in the same camp as you islandman.

Yep - definitely seen worse than that, and I too dream of a garage space like that to work in !

I do have a garage.... but it's too narrow for the Nova, even if I could get it over the enormous dip where the road meets the run-up to it - a large bridge would be required. Besides, it too is full of stuff I might need one day....

Looks like a great project, hasnt got that much to do, you could get that on the road over a winter or a busy summer. Doesnt look like anything is missing and you have they key components which cause everybody problems which are the seats, windscreen and rare as hell louvre!
    Whats the plan anyway? keeping the straight four or going back to boxer?

Looks like a very strong basis for a rebuild. If the engine works or just needs some working over, keep it and go with that as that will prove quicker to get it on the road. But if you're going to replace it, I recommend going for a boxer, most likely a subaru.

Good luck.

Looks in a pretty similar state to Ant's....... Mind you mine was a runner and looked superficially a lot better than that when I bought it, but underneath it was a different matter - requiring probably just as much work as yours will! Enjoy, it will be worth it!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Hi all.

Well i've had a good look around her today & yes it will need a fair bit of work but i'm not in any rush to get it on the road straight away. It's more of my next project as I've just about finished converting a van into a camper.

The engine you can see in the pics is an old Ford X flow which is past its best. So one of my first job is to think about the engine / gear box. I know this is down to each individuals choice so this is my way of thinking:-The quick & easy way is VW but I don't think this is in keeping with the cars looks. The engine is just to low reving & does'nt sound right for me.

Im not looking for an engine to launch me to the moon. I like the idea of an Alfa but they are getting hard to get hold of now a days

So any input from anyone would be a good start (even if its back to VW). Taking into account an engine that they have put in & works as i know there is a big problem with cooling.

Cheers.
    Mostin