Thread: Another MOT

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Nice one

Dirk

nice one Alex

Good one Alex
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Just collared another MOT - booked it for the first day it had really rained in ages..... The traditional photos at the station are still on the phone, but Liz videoed me coming home - so let's see if the link works:
    https://i.imgur.com/SF2vVJd.mp4
    It passed by the way, with no advisories - though there are a couple of things I'll do anyway....
    Last edited by Alzax3; 31-05-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    Just collared another MOT - booked it for the first day it had really rained in ages..... The traditional photos at the station are still on the phone, but Liz videoed me coming home - so let's see if the link works:
    https://i.imgur.com/SF2vVJd.mp4
    It passed by the way, with no advisories - though there are a couple of things I'll do anyway....
    Excellent Alex! ... and I liked the video! Now that we're past the MOT changes on 20 May, what's your situation re 'Historic Vehicle' and MOT exempt? I'm interested to find out if your MOT is mandatory or voluntary?
    Cheers, Alistair

Blog Entries
    Looking smooth on the Vid, Alex.
    Well done on the MOT

Well done Alex, and your car is looking fantastic. I can't wait to get mine on the road
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Nice one, I didn't realise you could post links to videos from Imgur

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Excellent Alex! ... and I liked the video! Now that we're past the MOT changes on 20 May, what's your situation re 'Historic Vehicle' and MOT exempt? I'm interested to find out if your MOT is mandatory or voluntary?
    Cheers, Alistair
    The tax renewal reminder said 'this vehicle requires an MOT' so I just got on and did it.... The MOT station has exactly the same opinion about the new MOT changes as us - and are telling people that they can't see the police enforcing (Buffy may well not agree!) the 'not driving away with a minor failure' if the car had the MOT early. (They have absolutely no space for storing failures - I'm lucky to find somewhere to park while I wait for the MOT!

Nice one, I didn't realise you could post links to videos from Imgur

Dirk

I tried vgyme but they have a 20Mb upload limit - Imgur have 200Mb (vid was 25) the two forum based links don't work, but the direct link does. There were a couple of other options but I stopped at the first success!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*