Thread: Someone has got new camera lens...

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Someone has got new camera lens...

Actually, it isn't a complete lens, its a conversion lens for my Canon 18-55 "kit" lens. This one simply screws onto the outer lens ring and provides... well, have a look!

Original; or with enhanced lens flare...

I thought this last one was hilarious - the svelte, flowing lines of the Green Machine are turned into something that looks more like a Charger!

There's plenty of distortion around the edges of the image, but for less than a 10th of the price of a pukka fisheye, I'm certainly not complaining (especially as this one splits in two to become a macro lens as well!)

I'm looking forward to messing about more with this lens... stay tuned!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Re: Someone has got new camera lens...

Lauren..... dont let your mum take a picture of you from behind using that bit of kit........ dont think you would be too chuffed with the result ..... and i wouldn't think there are many of on here that could afford the cost of the therapy that would enable us to lead near normal lives again.
    Dave.

Hmm yes, I see what you mean

Well, it was just an experiment to get a feel for the thing. I want to compose some classic '70s style shots of the inside of the car with the camera on the rear window shelf, and front 3/4 images from low down etc. Monochrome it, with some added noise, should be good

I've been investing in my 35mm commiecam too - just bought a modern 28-70mm macro zoom lens with an M42 thread. Not high-quality optics, but quite adequate for my needs. The big advantage is being able to frame shots from closer in, so I won't have the same trouble I have with the 50mm fixed lens at shows (standing half a mile away from the subject and having people blundering into shot!).

Lauren

They manage to blunder into shot unerringly whatever length (or shortness of length) optics you try and use from my experience!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

That top shot is brilliant, like a cover for Style Auto c. 1968

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut

I thought this last one was hilarious - the svelte, flowing lines of the Green Machine are turned into something that looks more like a Charger!

I think more like a smart car one of us needs our eyes testing again I think.

The first one looks like it's smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Birds Car
    I think more like a smart car one of us needs our eyes testing again I think.
    I meant a Charger kit car, not a Dodge

Somehow the odd proportions reminded me of the Neville Trickett design. But yes, a Smart car analogy is perhaps more appropriate

Lauren

When I do close ups using the magnifying lens set I have, I used to get the problem of when the flash goes off it casts a shadow on the image.
    I invested in a wirless flash which proved very useful in other fields as well, used at night to illuminate an object when you are to far away for on camera use.

I have a 0.45 lens I screw onto the outer lens to give a similar look, but I would like a 18 - 300 lens saving me all those swops i have to do with close and distance items.
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031

To avoid shadows close up the best way is a ring flash around the lens, ala CSI, cheapo one on eBay £18 but at £21 and free P&P this is nice
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Macro-Rin ... 5198fb2096
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    To avoid shadows close up the best way is a ring flash around the lens, ala CSI, cheapo one on eBay £18 but at £21 and free P&P this is nice
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Macro-Rin ... 5198fb2096

Good for close up and i wish I had one sometimes, but for a shot 30 ft away in the dark you need a quality wireless flash
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031