Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: electrolysis rust removal

Re: electrolysis rust removal

Nah, it didnt replace the broken bit, that was just the other drum before I dipped it.
    They were both in the same state.
    It does fill some of the little pits though, the anodes (scrap metal bars) are now full of pits where good metal has been stripped off and deposited on the drums.

It also does a great job a freeing up siezed levers and such, I had a steel lever that was totally siezed, couldnt move it with a lump hammer. Dipped it for one hour and it was totally clean and freely moving again.

It even replace the missing chunk from the side of the drum

Would it remove paint from my roof bars?

not sure if it would take the paint off, if there is rust under it, it definitely will, but I found that the paint became loose so it definitely makes it easier to remove the paint with a wire brush.
    I would imagine though if its thick brushed on paint or some decent sprayed paint it will survive pretty well.

Wow, that is amazing. I was thinking of digging up something a tad rusty, about the size of a large spanner, and giving it a go myself. Nice to see someone on here give it a go though, so we know that it does indeed work.

If you check the link - www.rowand.net/Shop/Tools/Electrolysis.htm - at the bottom it shows a part being stripped of it's paint during the process.
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416