Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full Throttle!

Re: Full Throttle!

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Nice Lauren! When I was setting up the v6 in my one car I was searching for a hydraulic throttle control - and found that they are very few and far between anymore. Interesting to see that CNC had sold them at one point - they don't carry them anymore! I settled for a clutch slave and found that to overcome the resistance of the cylinder I had to use some monster size return springs on the throttle shafts.. which really put the worry into how they would wear the shaft bushings in time. Ultimately I binned the entire Weber setup on that car and went back to the "stock" Holley with a cable system from Lokar. If I had done that from the get-go there probably wouldn't have been any routing issues as the Lokar cable is easier to work with than the hydraulic tubing! But nicely done with your setup as usual - keep an eye on throttle creep though with the expansion of the ATF.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Thanks Rick, I intend to! Even the slightest sign of the engine speed increasing will be my cue to open the bleed valve. Fortunately I now have more travel in the pedal to compensate, unlike previously!

Cable seems to be the way to go, ultimately. However, for the moment, the hydraulic system works, so until I get some major downtime I won't be doing anything about it just yet

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!