Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full Throttle!

Re: Full Throttle!

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Nice Lauren! When I was setting up the v6 in my one car I was searching for a hydraulic throttle control - and found that they are very few and far between anymore. Interesting to see that CNC had sold them at one point - they don't carry them anymore! I settled for a clutch slave and found that to overcome the resistance of the cylinder I had to use some monster size return springs on the throttle shafts.. which really put the worry into how they would wear the shaft bushings in time. Ultimately I binned the entire Weber setup on that car and went back to the "stock" Holley with a cable system from Lokar. If I had done that from the get-go there probably wouldn't have been any routing issues as the Lokar cable is easier to work with than the hydraulic tubing! But nicely done with your setup as usual - keep an eye on throttle creep though with the expansion of the ATF.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Thanks Rick, I intend to! Even the slightest sign of the engine speed increasing will be my cue to open the bleed valve. Fortunately I now have more travel in the pedal to compensate, unlike previously!

Cable seems to be the way to go, ultimately. However, for the moment, the hydraulic system works, so until I get some major downtime I won't be doing anything about it just yet

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!