Thread: Lada lovely

Lada lovely

Do you think he just made this up as it went along?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-CAR-15...-/320887682728

Re: Lada lovely

Good lord, what an abortion. I'd far rather a standard Niva, with the coil and carbi replaced.

He must be a very smooth driver though, to be able to drive around whilst balancing an air filter on the bonnet.

Yeah, that's an incredible feat.

I have had two Nivas, thankfully they were 'Cossacks' re-built in Kings Lynn by Lada UK and were quite nice, darn good off-raod though and with electronic ignition, Webber carb and automatic freewheel front hubs not too bad on gas, aboput 22mpg.
    That one may look like a bag of nuts holding a few sheets of steel in place and I hope it looks better in life than the photos but someone loves it.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

They obviously don't love it too much, or it wouldnt be on eBay
    Follow my Avante Build - Target = Stoneleigh 2012 Definitely!!

I got rid of my Cossack many years ago due to the to me appalling (22mpg) fuel consumption........ Europe got the diesel version, they never marketed that in the UK. They suffer with very bad rust to the sills (which are a three-part sandwich) they become tissue thin. Mine was quite hungry for universal joints, but we did live up a very rough track! What they've done to this one is just cruel!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

UJs? that would be the MKI, MKII had CVJs. but still fell apart, true over here they have a Pug gasoil lump.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Very Mk 1, mine was one of the first and still left hand drive - got it very cheap because the lady owner was chewing through tyres at a rate of knots..... also had a large bright orange light on the dashboard that was annoying her so much she'd had it disconnected.... shame really as it was telling her the diff-lock was engaged! (hence the rapid tyre wear )
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*