Thread: EESTI?

EESTI?

Can't recall this exactly although the bustleback shape is ringing some bells. Not beautiful in the strict sense but it didn't seem to deserve the ugly tag either.

A lot of careful detailing and a good base that an owner could improve on, personally would ditch the Scimitar SS1 headlights. I don't know if the targa top retracts back into the roof but it looks made for it. Nice display of Sterlings in the background too!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/autohis...-45701009@N00/

Re: EESTI?

Looks pretty cool. Something of a Lotus look to it. I like the 'cut out' front wheel arches. You know, I'd have one in my garage, if I had room.

Found an additional photo.

And the following info on Flickr. How correct anyone knows.

1984 Eesti Sports/Personal Car

A kit car by Eesti Motorcar Manufacturing Co., Ltd. of Poway CA. "After the fuselage is constructed, it is stuffed with the drive train and essentially ALL the mechanical and electrical components from a (Chevrolet) Citation."

The "fuselage" is an integral body/chassis of high density polylurethane foam and fiberglass. "This modified monocoque construction produces an easy to build, extremely stiff and efficient, light weight structure. No additional chassis is required."

This photo was taken at a Las Vegas specialty car show in 1984. Price range for all components to build a complete car was projected to be from $3525 to $9575 (nominally about $6100). Does this car exist today?

Someones comment on Flicka sent me looking;

Ok, so it's not the car from The Last Starfighter, but close enough for the base vehicle?

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Definitely agree with the Lotus references, particularly the side profile - very Elite-like.

I guess the tub on the right of the car is the basic chassis, and the construction method described would explain why it has no doors - slide the top back and hop over the side maybe?

Chevy Citation was FWD, so this would be a transverse mid-engine configuration?

I wouldn't say no to one either. Any idea what the bizarre name is about?

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!