Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Jim and Sarah's Nova - The third project !

Hi folks,

As some of you may have seen in CKC whilst repairing the windscreen/bonnet incident I made the decision to clean up some other bits on the car and get it all blown over.

Also, with the windscreen out it seemed a sensible time to flip the canopy over and fit the new canopy seal.

Ahead of that I am repairing some damage t the underside of the canopy - old sun visor holes etc. The underside needs a lick of paint - it has never been done other than some satin black over repairs.

So my question - do I repaint it all satin black as I did on the last Nova so it is unobtrusive.

Or, do I paint it body colour?

My my initial concern with body colour is if the A pillar will seem more visible?

As you may know my interior is quite bright (red) already, so do I need colour under the canopy too?

What have others done?

thanks all
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

I don't know if this would work, but couldn't you use something like a washable spray adhesive to temporarily tack black or coloured sheeting/fabric/material to the inside of the canopy and see what it looks like for yourself, then decide what you would prefer as a more permanent solution?

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Personally I would go for Satin Black, but there's not much in it.
    My daily driver has a light grey on the inside of the A-pillar, it does not catch the eye while driving.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Would it be ‘just too much’ to do it in red leather .... ?? Might make it too claustrophobic so maybe a contrast would be better ... not too mention cheaper! In which case I’d go satin black.
    Alistair