Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Jim and Sarah's Nova - The third project !

Hope all goes well 👍

Hi all,

Just a quick update. Despite warnings that DVLA were backlogged due to COVID I managed to get the number plate transferred off the Nova inside 3 weeks, and that included physically having a V5 back in my hands.

In that time I had two contacts re the Nova, and two very serious potential buyers, including one who had been interested in the car previously.

One came good for me, in terms of a simple sale, and the car headed up north today to a Nova friendly collector/dealer we are all aware of.

So for the first time since April 2010 I don't own a kit car.

Time for a break, and to recharge the batteries. Another project will follow in time, but for now some simple family time is needed. The magazine are a few reports behind, so you will continue to see the car in CKC for a while, and I will keep an eye on the forum as time allows.

It's a shame to see it go - but I understand your need to move on. I hope you continue to look in on the site and contribute from time to time. Best wishes
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Jim,
    A hassle free sale ... just perfect for you right now. Enjoy your family time and all the best for the future. I just got my Oct CKC yesterday and loved the photo of Martha stretching under the Nova!
    Take care,
    Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Agree with the above, your experience is needed on the forum and good to see the sale was pain-free.

The lighter colour is starting to grow on me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Jim,
    A hassle free sale ... just perfect for you right now. Enjoy your family time and all the best for the future. I just got my Oct CKC yesterday and loved the photo of Martha stretching under the Nova!
    Take care,
    Alistair
    That day certainly tested her patience!

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Agree with the above, your experience is needed on the forum and good to see the sale was pain-free.

The lighter colour is starting to grow on me
    Thanks - and on the colour everyone who has seen it in the flesh prefers it - plays off the black details better I think, and shows off the red interior nicely. And closer to the trainers I once owned which were the inspiration!

Sad to see what was a "keeper" build go, there are so few Nova's finished to such a standard as this one inside, outside and underneath. So time to reflect, energise and plan the next big adventure.

All the best Jim

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Sad to see what was a "keeper" build go, there are so few Nova's finished to such a standard as this one inside, outside and underneath. So time to reflect, energise and plan the next big adventure.

All the best Jim
    Thanks David, appreciated. Yes the plan changed - life can do that, but proud to have taken it as far as I did, and will enjoy seeing those it inspired be created :-)

wow

Quote Originally Posted by jim73vw View Post
    Thanks David, appreciated. Yes the plan changed - life can do that, but proud to have taken it as far as I did, and will enjoy seeing those it inspired be created :-)
    Totally Awesome Build