Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Dashboard Blues...

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3...

Trying a new image hosting site, vgy.me, let's see if this works...

Ooooohhhhh, yesssss

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    that certainly works! `¬)
    P.S. unable to send PM as your stored message quota has been exceeded... was hoping to get some of your expertise on my swing axle issues recently posted!

Mmm, sorry about that - I've had a clear out so able to receive incoming PMs now. Not sure I can help you with swing axles though, it's been a while...

Seems to have worked. Let's try a few more...

Yup, that is definitely working. I appear to be back in the picture posting game folks!

Lauren
    Last edited by Spacenut; 01-10-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Looking really good. I love that view of the instrument panel nicely done.

Dirk

It's looking really great and i can certainly visualise it finished. You are one of the few who can see all gauges from the drivers seat

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Really loving your 70's look; Straker and Foster would be fighting over it! `¬)

Thanks guys - thanks for the compliments, it's appreciated! Visibility of all the instruments was the aim, and I am pleased to see that the visual aesthetics are coming together now too, even though the whole dash looks like a monochrome aniseed ball!

Telecam monitor looks like it is on the cock because I only have temporary cardboard irises (light baffles) in place. They slot in from above when the top cover is off and stop unwanted reflections getting down to the monitor screen. I need to cut some proper ones, with smaller radii on the corners, as it currently looks like something you would have watched a Pathe newsreel on back in 1953...

More updates soon...

Lauren

Love the speedo Lauren!

Slow Progress...

I've been working and re-working the instrument binnacle and support structure to make everything square. It's taken a while. Very close to getting this section of the dash into primer, but before I do I thought I would share some recent images...

Secondary switch panel, ignition on, hazards on.

Driver's side vent and dash to steering column closure panel (in primer). Vent isn't quite vertical, which highlights the lack of reference axes when I was constructing the main dash unit...

Ignition on, engine not running, hence no blue segments lit on the tacho display. Oil pressure connection appears to be floating, any reading above 10 psi disables the "stop right NOW" indicator on the warning light display...

Much-improved finish around the telecam display, although the cardboard masks are still the same ones as before, hence the rough edges.

Side view of the whole assembly. The dash top is fixed in place through the frenched-in holes. I bonded in 8mm ID aluminium tube through the holes, and screwed into aluminium tabs bonded into the lower support structure.

That's yer lot for now

Lauren
    Last edited by Spacenut; 01-10-2017 at 09:01 PM.