Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Dashboard Blues...

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Has you car always had twin blades on a single arm? I'd never noticed this before. Good idea to fit the NRV in the pipeline to the washer - where did you get that from - I could do with something similar?
    Halfords

https://www.halfords.com/workshop-to...e-valve-hfx370

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    I really like the wiper set-up, looking very tidy overall - good work

Oh yeah and one last thing, donít forget bonnet lock which appears to be missing

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Looking good Lauren, so Stones 2020 is a definite yes then
    Maybe...

So how does the top cover of your lights secure on the outer edge as no plastic screws?, does it have tongue that fits under the lip, hence only visibly secured on one side?
    Got it in one

I did think about a completely concealed fitting, going in from under the bonnet, but the Nylon screws are so innocuous I decided not to bother!

One suggestion would be for the wiper arm tie wraps to have the square retainer tabs on the underside rather than on top, just makes it look a bit more visually appealing.
    Good point - I was being cautious as the offset wiper location means there is less clearance between the arm and the screen as it sweeps, but I think I can reposition them.

One other question is your wiper connection, I see only 3 contacts, does that mean the wiper earths via another method as from memory my 2 speed has 4 wires?
    Although my wiper motor is only single speed, you are correct, I do need four wires going back. The heavy current for the motor and return go through two of the fingers, the relay coil supply to the motor goes through the other pin and the earth return from the park switch runs through the canopy hinge with the washer hose.

Oh yeah and one last thing, donít forget bonnet lock which appears to be missing
    Haha, there is a bracket lock under the hole, it just needs a square shaft T handle to open. There's no room for any luggage under there, so a key lock seemed a bit superfluous

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

All looks amazing- your car is the reason i have a Nova!

Awww, shucks

Temporary Air Vents and... MoT

So, with the MoT looming, and no cockpit exhaust vents to speak of, I needed a temporary solution (see ReNOVAtors opening window thread)...

The hole is 51mm in diameter. I cut the holes used a holesaw, de-burred the edges and then applied windscreen primer around the inside edge and a thin obscuration band to make it look a bit less, um, temporary. My reasoning was, if it didn't work out I could always make up a new pair of windows.

Then it was a check of all tyre pressures, oil, water, brake fluid levels, etc., bolt on the new steering wheel and we were all set...

Also note the centre side panels which I managed to finish off last weekend. The padded side cushions work very nicely I am pleased to say.

Well, all that work paid off with a fresh MoT this morning. I even had a chance to use my wipers in anger as I was not lucky enough to avoid all the heavy showers. Not that showers can dampen my spirits, it's been 7 years getting to this day!!!

Signing off, for now

Lauren

And the work pays off!
    well done Lauren.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Thanks Dan - I am pleased, but there is still a fairly long snag list to get through before I am completely happy with the car. That said, in spite of all the changes, and there have been many, I was still able to acclimatise very quickly.

So I won't be abandoning the Dashboard Blues thread for a little while yet!

Lauren

Great news Lauren! ... happy summer driving!
    Alistair