Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 436

Thread: Dashboard Blues...

  1. #411
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    890
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well done on the MOT- great to hear

  2. #412
    Excellent news and looking good! I can't believe its been 7 years though, wow

  3. #413
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,398
    Nice one well done

    Dirk

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  4. #414
    Senior Member Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Livingston (Scotland)
    Posts
    1,224
    Great news - well done Lauren. Time to post up a few new pictures of the completed car.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  5. #415
    Congratulations on the MoT, a major mile stone in any kit cars journey. the car is looking great and all those ideas have blended together nicely, well done.



    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  6. #416
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hailsham, E Sussex
    Posts
    1,310
    Well done Lauren.
    Really pleased for you. The green machine has always been an inspirational car for so many of us, really looking forward to seeing it in the future 👍

  7. #417
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    5,196
    Thanks guys!

    Yes, it's been a long time coming, and like most builds, it isn't quite finished yet - I still have to fabricate and fit the rear quarter panels, finish off the door pockets, fabricate and fit the canopy interior trim panels (including the side window demister vents), finish off the windscreen seal, apply mastic to the side window and headlight apertures, find something to cover up the chipped paint where the kick plates used to be, replace the engine cam belts and tensioner pulleys, re-build the carbs with new gaskets and properly tune them, set the bump and rebound on the rear dampers, calibrate the rev counter, Nav computer and speedometer (in that order)...

    There's a few things left on the list to keep me busy for a while. However, the main thing is that I can drive the car while I sort each of these issues out.

    Typically my local Post Office branch didn't have any V10 forms, so I will have to download one and then get the car "taxed" one afternoon next week. Plan is to be at the Deers Hut show on the 16th, it's local so hopefully no problem to get to...

    Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

  8. #418
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Thanks guys!

    Yes, it's been a long time coming, and like most builds, it isn't quite finished yet - I still have to fabricate and fit the rear quarter panels, finish off the door pockets, fabricate and fit the canopy interior trim panels (including the side window demister vents), finish off the windscreen seal, apply mastic to the side window and headlight apertures, find something to cover up the chipped paint where the kick plates used to be, replace the engine cam belts and tensioner pulleys, re-build the carbs with new gaskets and properly tune them, set the bump and rebound on the rear dampers, calibrate the rev counter, Nav computer and speedometer (in that order)...

    There's a few things left on the list to keep me busy for a while. However, the main thing is that I can drive the car while I sort each of these issues out.

    Typically my local Post Office branch didn't have any V10 forms, so I will have to download one and then get the car "taxed" one afternoon next week. Plan is to be at the Deers Hut show on the 16th, it's local so hopefully no problem to get to...

    Lauren
    Lauren,

    If you'd said your Nova was finished I'd be disappointed ... the essence of having a kit car is to continuously strive to modify/improve even the smallest detail. It should be that way until we're no longer here ... which my middle daughter abruptly reminded me of last night! Out of the blue she said "when you're gone I'll get your Nova won't I? I mean, my sisters don't drive, so it would have to go to me"

    I was stunned at being reminded of my own mortality for a moment .... and then said "sorry Erin, when I go I'll be put inside my Nova and buried in a big hole! Which made me laugh .... because I realised that at that point the Nova finally wouldn't need a sun roof as an escape hatch!

    Alistair

  9. #419
    Senior Member bushboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grays Essex
    Posts
    2,364
    Lauren,

    Well done & if summer does arrive you will be able to enjoy the Green Machine. I also can't believe that it has been 7 years off the road. Your still to do list looks more like a rebuild list rather than a couple of small jobs to tidy up.

    See you on the black top

    Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

  10. #420
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    5,196
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    If you'd said your Nova was finished I'd be disappointed ... the essence of having a kit car is to continuously strive to modify/improve even the smallest detail.
    Too true! Still, I will finish the job I started all those years ago. I am confident that I don't need to modify the dashboard styling, and hopefully the instruments and heating/ventilation systems will work out OK in extended service. So fingers crossed not much will need to be revised/redone.

    Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Lauren,

    Well done & if summer does arrive you will be able to enjoy the Green Machine. I also can't believe that it has been 7 years off the road. Your still to do list looks more like a rebuild list rather than a couple of small jobs to tidy up.

    See you on the black top

    Bushboy
    Thanks Martin - yes, it has been a while. Hopefully the extended period off the road will have prevented me from making any impetuous decisions. And in fairness, apart from the fabrication work everything else is just periodic servicing...

    Here's to the next 22,000 miles!

    Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •