Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Dirk's Avante

G'day Dirk,

Shame about the topcoat trial. I have only done small sections of the Eureka, the rear louver being the largest. I initially used a brush, but the ridges really annoyed me. The last time I put a whole coat over the louver I first applied with a brush & then finished off with a high density mini roller. You do get an "artex" like texture. I found the artex texture to be more livable then the horrid brush strokes. I have not got as far as block sanding the entire louver yet so if you come to stones you can see what I have got so far & we can compare notes. I'm hoping that I'll get enough time between now & then to have a small section smoothed & polished for a comparison.

See ya

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Wow, that is a massive amount of work and soul destroying to still see so many pin holes, I definitely feel your pain on this one after my own recent fibreglass efforts.

Your perseverance on trying to do it right is commendable, most would have taken the easy route by now

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I'm not going to win any concours medals, but once it has been flatted with wet 1200 grit rubbed with G3 and polished in a few weeks it should look OK. I was hoping to do the returns on the air intakes satin black but my masking skills are worse that my painting skills, I just can not get a clean sharp line so I have left it as just the rain gutter in satin black along with the wheels and mirrors.

Dirk

She's looking great Dirk! What a difference from the 'grey brushstrokes'!! You've put in a power of work .... and it shows!!
    Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Now that looks very nice indeed
    Well done

wow, the finishing line is in sight

That looks stunning. Well done!

Very Nice Dirk,
    A good cheat for the mat black air scoops is vinyl

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Seeing it in Yellow reminds me of Phil Avisons (Correct surname?) car that he use to turn up with and sleep in at every show for many years

Wow- talk about a stunning turn-around!

Car looks great in that colour and the finish is amazing- underlines what sheer hard work and dedication can do!

Cheers,

Colin