Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirk's Avante

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    [...] So I could not do that. I did manage to find this 45 deg adaptor and it fits a treat now. [...]
    It's all the odds & ends that chew up the time, it is looking great, keep the updates coming.

Some really neat solutions there Dirk! The rate of your progress suggests to me that Mrs Dirk doesn't mind you living in the garage!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Some really neat solutions there Dirk! The rate of your progress suggests to me that Mrs Dirk doesn't mind you living in the garage!

Alistair

I think begrudgingly puts up with it on the promise that I will spend more time with her once the car is done, Castle Combe was supposed to be my target the car was finally finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But then all of a sudden it wasn't
    So now I am playing the sympathy card.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    So now I am playing the sympathy card.

Dirk

Love it

My pipe for the oil filler turned up the other day, up to now I had just placed the inlet manifold on the engine to get a guide on where it would go, having got the pipe I tried to screw the manifold down but in order to get it to line up properly I had to take a section out of the protection shield around the injectors but now it all fits just needs a bit of a file.

I didn't realise that the VHT paint I picked up was mat I'm not doing it again and I am sure it will soon look dirty anyway.

So knowing that I do not have to cut a big hole in the body work to fit the engine I have finished the rear quarter repair.

Now things can start to go back.

Dirk

That has to be the fastest turn around after a disaster I've seen and now you have a faster better shiny toy .

Lets just hope your brakes are now up to that extra power and speed

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    So you have done all of this in just about 2 months. Incredible work and commitment, well done.
    Perhaps you could do Dave's Scooby nova once you have finished

To save trawling as not sure whether you have mentioned it, where are you fitting the rad ?
    Front, back, arches ?

Fantastic work Dirk!

This really demonstrates the lack of understanding of the insurance companies when it comes to whether or not to write off a kit car. However, it actually worked out in your favour and the end result is far better than the original. Really looking forward to seeing your Avante at some point!

I think you should put a subtle image of a Pheonix on the rear quarter!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post

To save trawling as not sure whether you have mentioned it, where are you fitting the rad ?
    Front, back, arches ?
    In the sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    In the sunroof
    Hahaha ... but you've just scored an own goal because Dirk doesn't have one!