Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirk's Avante

Well done Dirk
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Well done mate. Really pleased for you after all that the car has been through.👍

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Well done - a fantastic rebuild effort, and all in less time than it takes for me to lay some carpet
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Blog Entries
    Well done mate

Thanks all, until now I have only done a few local miles at a time in the car, but took it for a bit of a run this afternoon ( I bottled the motorway) The biggest difference other than the engine has to be the Red 9 suspension. The noises from the body squeaks and knocks have gone, there is a section of road near a local village that had some cables laid across it which I used to have to slow down to 10mph to go over, in the daily you don't really notice it but now I'm going over it at 30mhp no problem. If you have ever mounted a rear view mirror on the windscreen of a Nova Avante you will know how bad it shakes it is almost unusable, I fitted my dash cam to the screen expecting it to be bad but thought at least it would show an incident even if it was wobbly but when I reviewed the footage it was stable so happy days. And it is so nice slipping it into 5th.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Thanks all, until now I have only done a few local miles at a time in the car, but took it for a bit of a run this afternoon ( I bottled the motorway) The biggest difference other than the engine has to be the Red 9 suspension. The noises from the body squeaks and knocks have gone, there is a section of road near a local village that had some cables laid across it which I used to have to slow down to 10mph to go over, in the daily you don't really notice it but now I'm going over it at 30mhp no problem. If you have ever mounted a rear view mirror on the windscreen of a Nova Avante you will know how bad it shakes it is almost unusable, I fitted my dash cam to the screen expecting it to be bad but thought at least it would show an incident even if it was wobbly but when I reviewed the footage it was stable so happy days. And it is so nice slipping it into 5th.

Dirk
    Interesting, do you have Red9 at the rear, front or both?
    Is that (squeaks) because you now have the correct spring rates? or properly greased the poly bushes?

Great result on the MOT.

All just in time for the sunshine

Enjoy.
    Mostin.
    A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    The biggest difference other than the engine has to be the Red 9 suspension.
    How about the zero bump-steer geometry?
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Thanks all, until now I have only done a few local miles at a time in the car, but took it for a bit of a run this afternoon ( I bottled the motorway) The biggest difference other than the engine has to be the Red 9 suspension. ...

..... And it is so nice slipping it into 5th.

Dirk
    You must be on cloud 'Red 9' Dirk! ....... and as for slipping it into 5th!!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Interesting, do you have Red9 at the rear, front or both?
    Is that (squeaks) because you now have the correct spring rates? or properly greased the poly bushes?
    I have got both front and rear. The body noises have gone because of the softer suspension the wheels can actually move up and down to the road conditions rather than bouncing over bumps and setting ride height is so simple. I think there might still be a little room for tweaking the spring rating.

Dirk