Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirk's Avante

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

Dirk's Avante

Well I thought it was to good to miss (the wife has other ideas ) It is looking very sorry for itself at the moment no doors, rear panel windscreen or engine cover and no V5 , I cant see me getting anything done to soon. But it fills the gap left by the Nova .
    I’m not really sure what I am going to do at the moment other than I want to build my own chassis and mid mount a Subaru engine. Also look at whether it could be adapted to pass the IVA test I’m sure it will be called something else by time I get to that point. When I do get round to doing any work the first thing will have to be the doors if I can not sort them then it may be a non starter I can see plenty of PU foam being used. Here are a few pics

Dirk

Re: Dirk's Avante

Dirk
    Best of luck - but it looks like a massive project!!

Mick
    Club Nova Member

MicksRedNova2 may take longer than the original!!

Well done Dirk,

I very much like the shape of the Avante and had I more disposable pennies I would have done the same.

Good luck with the project for when you do get to start it off.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Your'e a braver man than me Gunga Din. Mind you, sometimes it's easier starting from a bare shell.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

I tend to agree with Peter you have some seriously big brass balls to tackle this one, it would scare me silly. Having said that you made a nice job of the Nova so I'm sure you will do the same here, albeit over a longer timeframe!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Wow - you don't do things by halves, do you?

Sounds like a very interesting project, I wish you the best of luck! thinking back to the earliest days of my build I recall that I didn't start with much else myself, although I did have the glass in place and the bodywork was a bit cleaner!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Nah, you've proved you can 'do' a Nova, the more conventional door layout can only be an easier proposition, though I guess you can make it as complicated as you want..... shame it isn't on a Q plate!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3
    Nah, you've proved you can 'do' a Nova, the more conventional door layout can only be an easier proposition, though I guess you can make it as complicated as you want..... shame it isn't on a Q plate!
    Nowhere to put it even if he had one.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

Well after 7 months I have finally managed to get the car into the garage At least this does mean that I can start to do a bit when I have the odd hour in the evening. It’s a bit too cold to be using 2 part PU at the moment and the garage is not clear enough to put the space heater on, but I might throw a couple of cans of spray PU in some hot water and see if I can make a start on the doors.

Dirk

Dirk,

It has been a while. Good to see that a start has been made. We know that you start a project & get it on the road (Subaru Nova). It will be nice to see an Avante at the shows to sit along side the Eagle 2+2.

Warmer weather is on the way.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"