Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast

Thread: Dirk's Avante

Is there no end to yer talents Dirk? A joiner, a plumber, and a printer!! Looking forward to meeting you and your Avante one day (hopefully) soon!

Alistair

I'm jealous of you having a 3D printer so much fun to be had making parts

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I'm jealous of you having a 3D printer so much fun to be had making parts

The nice bit is you can be making bits for the car whilst not using garage time, I can sneak a bit of time at work to do the drawings and then print over night. that said if you want something there and then, you can knock it up in metals quicker.

Dirk

Nice work Dirk and what a toolbox of skills you are amassing.

I will also join the jealous queue for the 3D printer envy.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Tonight I managed to fill my coolant and bleed the system, I had a couple of leaks just needed the jubilee clips tightening. It is the first time I have had a proper heater in a kit car. It was 9 deg's in the garage so here is a pic for all the air cooled fans

Dirk

Love it, almost tropical

bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    It was 9 deg's in the garage so here is a pic for all the air cooled fans

Dirk
    28 degrees....cool (err or not haha), that's my Singapore cold season temperatures.....hence my focus to get working aircon

Nice job Dirk, I bet you're well chuffed

This weekend has been all about putting the car back together seats center console and back panels along with tiding up bits. I replaced the oil temp gauge to a water temp gauge, it was quite strange the gauges and senders are all VDO so you would have thought they would use all the same insides just change the dials? but apparently not as the oil temp gauge with the water temp sender was out by about 10 deg the water temp is spot on to the computer plugged in to the obd port.
    I spent a couple of frustrating hours on the passenger door hinge trying to get the door realigned only to discover it was the striker plate for the door lock that had twisted during the crash so the door is now back to how it was not perfect but as good as I can get it.
    So after 9 months the car is now all back together. I took her for a sort spin to the local super market about 5 miles, (I needed some bits for tea ) pulling out of the car park something did not feel right the car was not pulling correctly if i took my foot off the accelerator it slowed very quickly, as I drove down the road I was having to press harder on the accelerator to keep the same momentum. So after about a quarter of a mile I pulled over and there was smoke coming from the front offside wheel the bakes where stuck on. I sat it out for a while and once things had cooled down I pumped the brakes for a while and they freed off! Now I had this problem when I first got the car on the road, I had gone to the local petrol station a similar distance 5 miles or so, the wife was following me at the time and when I puled out of the petrol station same thing happened the wife said my brake lights where on as soon as we left the petrol station, when I puled over that time the smoke was on the nearside wheel, again after a short time the brakes released and I had no further issues for over a year and a half. When it first happened I had put it down to a bit of dirt making the piston stick? So whilst the car has been off the road I have stripped both calipers and renewed the seals and the brake fluid has been changed, so I'm not sure what is going on with them? Ill take it for a few more test drives and see what happens.

Dirk

How frustrating! .... but I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it soon. Problems apart, I bet it felt great to be behind the wheel again!

Alistair

Did you also replace the pads Dirk? If not it could be worn pads allowing the piston to extend out further than is ideal and twisting in the bore causing it to lock. If you haven't already fitted new pads that's the first thing I would try
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns