Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donations for the 2013 costs

Donations for the 2013 costs

Hi all,
    First off, let me apologise that this message is being posted in November, a couple of months later than normal.
    There has been a lot going on lately and it's only just come towards the top of my to do list, I'm sure others are the same with way to much to do and very little time in which to do it.

Taking the fact that it is November in to account and an expensive time of year for most, I am expecting this to take a while longer than previous years.

With that said, this is the official thread for donations for the 2013 fees and related costs (where has 2012 gone? it feels like five minutes since I posted this last year!)

I will officially open donations for the 2013 period from now and any donations received by members will be assumed as being for the 2013 period and as such their usernames will change colour.

Also please note, for anyone who has sent any form of donation recently that you wish to count as 2013, please just send me a PM and I will sort that out. I will try to find time to go through the records and contact anyone who has donated in the last 6 months to see what they prefer.

Last years colour was black/brown, I haven't fully decided which colour will be used this year but I will get that sorted today..

I also just wish to state for any newer members reading who may not know already, donations to Euro-Nova are voluntary but without donations from generous members we would not be here today. If you have been helped by the forum and find it useful, please do consider giving something. It is of course completely voluntary.

As in previous years, I will send a little something to each and every member who donates, quite a few got lost in the post for some reason last year so if you don't receive yours, do please feel free to keep poking me about it and I will get a replacement off to you.

Again as with previous years, the button at the bottom of every page is designed to be used for donations, or it can be in the form of a cheque, please PM me for the address and any other details you may need.

You can of course send a paypal payment directly to dan AT euro-nova.co.uk replacing the AT with the @ symbol, include your forum username and your address so I can send you a donation gift!

Thanks to all for reading and for your continued support, without each and every one of you, Euro-Nova would not be what it is today.

As always, I am always available via PM, email or a post on the forum to answer and queries or questions you may have.

Thanks again and my personal thanks extend to all of you, veterans and recently joined for keeping Euro-Nova alive and online for yet another year!
    We have been here for 5 and a half years now (6 years if you count our time on a free server right at the beginning), it certainly doesn't feel that long!

Dan.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

Re: Donations for the 2013 costs

Hi Dan,
    Just wondered if you'd considered putting Google Ads (Adsense) on the website as a way of covering the website costs, hosting fees, etc?

I have Adsense on one of my websites and, if you have reasonable levels of traffic - which I think you have - it works well,
    pays on time, and requires minimal maintenance once you have it set up.

Just a thought.
    Steve

Hi Steve,
    Considered and tried it once a while ago, never really did much though to be honest so I took it away.

Just to add guys, anyone who wants to donate but doesn't want to use PayPal can now do so by card!

If you have a Visa card it's easiest, all I need is your mobile phone number and the amount you wish to donate, you will then be sent a text message forwarding you to a website to enter your details (you must have a smart phone or a phone with Internet access)

It's that simple!

Can also do other cards but I need the card numbers etc for those.

Would be great to take the first donation by card payment so if anyone is interested then PM me your mobile number and amount (for visa)

Many thanks.

Dan
    check pay pal from me
    you have my address if not let me know and I will send it

Rabs

Many thanks Robert, I do have your address.

Thanks again.

Another thanks to the other members who donated just before Christmas.

Remember, you can now donate by card too (eager to use that feature )

Couple more in the last couple of weeks, thanks to all who have donated so far. YOU are keeping this site online!

Been meaning to donate for some months. Just rectified that little problem.

Many thanks Richard.